Highlighted

Update errors - getting sick of this

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every 2 months I spend hours trouble shooting update errors. I end up having to uninstall and reinstall several times before the software works. It should not be this hard. This goes for all the other products too! Updating via Creative Cloud sucks...

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Update errors - getting sick of this

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every 2 months I spend hours trouble shooting update errors. I end up having to uninstall and reinstall several times before the software works. It should not be this hard. This goes for all the other products too! Updating via Creative Cloud sucks...

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We apologize for the Update Experience.

Could you please share the current issue faced by you.

I would try to resolve it ASAP.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See screen grab attached.

I had to uninstall ALL of my programs and reinstall. Then there was another update notice for PhotoshopCC a day later. Got this message.

It is not just Photoshop. All give me grief from time to time. Sometimes Creative Cloud says I have no applications installed when I do. I have to uninstall CC to get it to register the applications. This happens every 6 weeks or so.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS in additions, just tried the other applications….

See screen grab attached.

I had to uninstall ALL of my programs and reinstall. Then there was another update notice for PhotoshopCC a day later. Got this message.

cid:image001.png@01CF0AE4.65B86BC0

It is not just Photoshop. All give me grief from time to time. Sometimes Creative Cloud says I have no applications installed when I do. I have to uninstall CC to get it to register the applications. This happens every 6 weeks or so.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI – here are my computer details. See to be getting an error49

Windows edition

Windows 7 Home Premium

Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Service Pack 1

System

Manufacturer: Austin Computers

Model: Joondalup Build

Processor: Intel﴾R﴿ Core﴾TM﴿ i7‐2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Installed memory ﴾RAM﴿: 16.0 GB

System type: 64‐bit Operating System

Pen and Touch: Pen Input Available

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not able to see any error snapshots, Please confirm your Ps version from Help->About Photoshop and provide us with the following logs.

You can find them at:

Installer logs

Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers

AAM logs

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater

You can zip all the files together with error snapshots and send us through mail. This would help us in finding the root cause.

Appreciate your help. Apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Ashutosh

asnigam@adobe.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it can be a PITA, but what operating system are you using? And is this a full CC subscription?

I am sure you'll have read the CC installation FAQ after so much grief?  Windows 7 tends to be OK for me, but with my 8.1 laptop I always restart the computer, and run the CC Desktop manager as Administrator.  I have no idea if there is any sort of equivalent for Macs.

There is probably some sort of best practice that minimises agravation.  Certainly keeping the Desktop manager up to date is a must and a no brainer.

Good luck with it.  I bet there are not too many people reading thia that have never had a problem updating some part of CC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines