• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update failed - Adobe, please delete in this case installation files!!!

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I've noticed that several unsuccessful attempts to download updates from Create Cloud Desktop app-level results it running out of the space on the hard drive.
It would be something really normal and unfortunately, now also expected, that application deletes multi-gigabyte files when it was not able to perform a successful installation. Even not installation but it fails on downloading so, there is nothing that is worth to keep for any reason.

Case description:

1. There is a recent, huge update of photo-related products (Photoshop and Lightroom). I was trying to update it.

2. I experience some kind of problems to download full, working updaters for each product.

3. After several attempts I ran out of the space on HDD

4. During several next attempts I was not able to solve free space issue as this kind of a quite important problem is hidden. You can see it only when you click "More info" option, in updates result list, next to the product.

5. And you try and try until you notice that failing updater consumed the whole 128GB of the disk which were available before.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Feature request , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

these are user-to-user forums.

if you're suggesting adobe delete unnecessary files after failed installation/update, that's a good suggestion.  make it here, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

if you're asking for some else or additional, what is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines