• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has adobe become the new microsoft? Aren't their programmers adept enough to build software that doesn't need constant updating? What an unprofessional way to treat your clientele. Forcing us to spend all of this time and bandwidth updating software you obviously didn't complete before releasing. what kind of standards have you unlearned? What a company adobe has become.

[abuse removed by mod]

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it annoys you so much, disable automatic app updates and notifications from your CC Desktop App and operating system. 

Creative Cloud is all about Rapid Release cycles.  When fixes are available, they roll them out immediately.  Some updates are more critical than others.  But you're under no obligation to receive any updates.  The same goes for major new release versions. It's your choice to update/upgrade or not.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be up to date and I want to be protected.

It is not about getting messages for updates. It is about the updates themselves. Needing this many so often shows the flaws in how the product is released to the public way before it is ready for prime time. Adobe doesn’t seem to have any sense of obligation to STANDARDS.

That is the problem. They also don’t seem to be able to take criticism without deflecting. Take responsibility for your actions. If they suck, then admit it. But most of all, fix the problems. Get better programming and release methods in place. Hold everyone to higher standards. Stop making the user community your guinea pigs. Gert all of your BETA testing done BEFORE releasing version 1.0…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you in the the Pre-Release Program?  If not, I don't blame you.  It's a thankless job. 

From the outside, it's easy to say Adobe and the volunteer beta testers haven't done their job.  It's a whole other story when you've actually worked through a beta cycle.  Trust me, nobody gets every bug fixed on the first round.  Not Microsoft, not Apple, not Adobe. 

Bug fixes are not always critical or even security related.  A lot of times, they are cosmetic or they are sent out to address issues created by a recent OS update.  And how many OS updates do you receive per year?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have watched software companies destroy quality for marketing and appearances. Not care about the actual product they are making. Just the imagery around it.

I started using Adobe products with PhotoShop 2.0 (before layers). Back then, there was so much more at stake and releases were carefully orchestrated so that there were no bugs after BETA. It was months before any fixes were implemented because they were not necessary. Employees actually pushed the software to extremes.

Best practices were in motion. That is why I am critical of this shambles. And Adobe does not get a pass because everyone else is releasing junk. How is that a justification? They should set the standard.

They have been around long enough to know better. And I am certain that Thomas Knoll would agree with me 100%.

Very, very frustrating to watch and to be put through this after everything that came before it. Sad. I just want my software to work. Out of the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines