Highlighted

Updates can show same app twice with different version numbers

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Creative Cloud to check for updates, I see two versions of many of the apps - each with a difference version number. I select the highest version to update and ignore the other.

Anyone have any idea why the double listing?

I do have a couple of real old standalone versions of a few programs on the system from the pre-CC days.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Updates can show same app twice with different version numbers

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Creative Cloud to check for updates, I see two versions of many of the apps - each with a difference version number. I select the highest version to update and ignore the other.

Anyone have any idea why the double listing?

I do have a couple of real old standalone versions of a few programs on the system from the pre-CC days.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 11, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's normal (and your choice) to keep the old app when you install the new version. This lets you try it out at your leisure, and go back instantly if there is a problem. Where there is time sensitive work to do, just upgrading to the new version and deleting the old could be seen as unwise. Each app version has its own set up updates. So for example if you have 19.0 and 20.0, there might be updates to 19.0.1 and 20.1.3 both available.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification.

Courtney

Courtney Harrington

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 12, 2020 0