• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updates for Acrobat 9 Pro Extended

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reinstalled Windows, which involved also reinstalling my copy of Acrobat 9 Pro Extended. When I hit the Check for Updates menu, the message box states There are no updates available at this time. In addition, I have been unable to locate updates for my version of Acrobat on the web site. I would appreciate a link to the update page.

Thanks.

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

After some additional research, I can answer my own question. The download page is at:

Adobe - Acrobat 9 Pro Extended : For Windows

This leads to another question: are any of the updates cumulative, or do I need to install them all?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some additional research, I can answer my own question. The download page is at:

Adobe - Acrobat 9 Pro Extended : For Windows

This leads to another question: are any of the updates cumulative, or do I need to install them all?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Responding to my own question again. It appears that the upgrades are not cumulative. The upgrade path is described on this page: http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/update-patch-acrobat-reader-7.html. (Notwithstanding the reference to Reader 7 in the URL, it also refers to Version 9). The following page describes how to combine the patches into one install: http://ryanwill.com/updating-adobe-acrobat/. This pages explains how to combine the patches with the acrobat installer to make an up-to-date install.

http://www.itninja.com/blog/view/the-path-of-least-resistance-adobe-acrobat-9-5-1. (Note: the latter site also contains some additional upgrade links.) My current thinking is to apply the patches one by one.

Incidentally, the download page for Acrobat Pro 9 Extended for Windows mentioned in my previous reply is incomplete. The first update--AcroProExUpd910_all_incr.msp--is omitted. In addition, all the updates after 9.4.5 are missing (i.e. 9.4.6, 9.5.0, 9.5.1, 9.5.2, 9.5.3, 9.5.4,, and 9.5.5), However, they can all be obtained from the Adobe FTP site: ftp.adobe.com. The subdirectory for version 9 is located at: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/9.x/.

I hope this helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same question and as such thank you for posting the link to the ftp site. Even Adobe's own tech support people (at least the telephone and the ones doing the online chat) did not know about this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2014 Aug 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good new!. Glad that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed one thing: I manually downloaded all the updates up to 5.5 on my HD. But once I rebooted after the 4.5 update - the native updater kicked in and offered to update the rest of the way (to 9.5.5)

Interesting - wonder what the "triggers" are......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing that information. Otherwise, I would not have been attentive to the possibility that the built-in updater would start to function. I found that it kicked in after I installed the update to 9.2.0.

After installing 9.2.0 and rebooting, I tried the Check for updates menu option, under the Help menu. I got a message to the effect that “The Adobe updater is already running”. Using Process Explorer, I checked the running processes and found a windowless program called AdobeARM.exe (Adobe Reader and Acrobat Manager) was running. I assumed that it was downloading files, so I let it run. After about 10 minutes, it notified me of an update and offered to run it. After it finished, I was updated from 9.2.0 to 9.5.5. I checked the log and verified that it had downloaded and installed all the interim updates to bring me up to 9.5.5.

Here’s what I think happened. With the release of version 9.2.0, Adobe changed the update procedure. There was probably a period of time that the update procedure in 9.0 and 9.1 would automatically transition to the new procedure implemented in 9.2.0. But that time has passed, and the only message one gets from 9.0.0 and 9.1.0 is that there are no upgrades. That leaves the question as to why the updater did not start working for you until 9.4.5. I think the answer is that the AdobeARM program downloads the necessary files before it makes itself visible and offers to install the updates. Each time you rebooted, AdobeARM, shut down, so it never reached the point where it could tell you that it had downloaded all the updates. When you reached 9.4.5, the time required to download the necessary files had dropped from 10 minutes to a minute or two, so you were finally given the opportunity of having the remaining updates installed automatically. The same thing would have happened to me, if your experience had not made me more cautious.

Based on this experience, I would recommend the following procedure to update a fresh install of Acrobat 9 Pro Extended for Windows:

Install the following files in this order:

1. Ac9Ex3DUpd.msi
  2. AcroProExUpd910_all_incr.msp
  3. AcrobatUpd911_all_incr.msp [optional]
  4. AcrobatUpd912_all_incr.msp
  5. AcrobatUpd913_all_incr.msp [optional]
  6. AcrobatUpd920_all_incr.msp

Except for File No. 2, these files are all available as links from the Acrobat 9 Pro Extended for Windows download page:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=158&platform=Windows

For inexplicable reasons AcroProExUpd910_all_incr.msp is only available from the FTP site. The direct link is:

ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/9.x/9.1/misc/AcroProExUpd910_all_incr.msp

Based on the information on the following page: http://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/update-patch-acrobat-reader-7.html, I have indicated that two updates are optional, because they are incorporated in subsequent quarterly updates. I installed them anyway.

After installing the sixth file, AcrobatUpd920_all_incr.msp, reboot. Open Acrobat, click on the Help menu, and then on Check for updates. If it says the updater is already running, wait for it to finish downloading the remaining updates. As mentioned above, it took about 10 minutes for it to finish downloading files. After the files finish downloading, a new window will appear, telling you downloads are available and offering to download them. Click OK, and you will be updated to 9.5.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found 2 convenient solutions on the web even working as of 10/2020:

1. Regular update from within Acrobat Pro Ext. 9.0.0

Change the PC clock to May 31, 2013 and then go the regular way to update:

Click on Acrobat 'Help' > 'Check for Updates...' and ALL UPDATE VERSION get installed step by step up to latest 9.5.5.

This method will work as long as Abobe provides update files.

Solution found under comments on https://oitibs.com/adobe-acrobat-9-0-offline-update/ 

2. Batch processing updates

Found under same link as above unsing a batch file called Acro.bat.

File excerpt:

@echo OFF

ECHO Installing Acrobat 9.1.0
start /wait Msiexec /p "AcroProStdUpd910_T1T2_incr.msp" /qn /norestart
ECHO Installing Acrobat 9.1.1
start /wait Msiexec /p "AcrobatUpd911_all_incr.msp" /qn /norestart
ECHO Installing Acrobat 9.1.2
start /wait Msiexec /p "AcrobatUpd912_all_incr.msp" /qn /norestart
ECHO Installing Acrobat 9.1.3

etc.

Download https://oitibs.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Acrobat-Update.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been unable toupdat my Verizon or ab

I just reinstalled Windows, which involved also reinstalling my copy of Acrobat 9 Pro Extended. When I hit the Check for Updates menu, the message box states There are no updates available at this time. In addition, I have been unable to locate updates for my version of Acrobat on the web site. I would appreciate a link to the update page.

Thanks.

Mike

By @Podnuh2

Thanks.

Mike

By @Podnuh2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What does Verizon or ab mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines