Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Adobe Creative Cloud stuck at 39%

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon,

I recently had to get my computer re-imaged and after two days, my Adobe Creative Cloud apps are the only ones I still can't get to install. I downloaded the Adobe Creative Cloud app and installed it without issue. However, when I opened it and logged in, I get a message that 8 apps need to be updated. Before the Apps can update, the Creative Cloud app starts updating, and gets as far as 39% before becoming stuck there. I have tried the following to resolve this myself:

• I ran the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, both as myself and as the administrator.
  • I removed Adobe Creative Cloud and reinstalled. I did this twice - the second time I reinstalled, I tried running the installer as administrator.
  • I have restarted my computer numerous times.
  • I removed Creative Cloud from the Windows startup options, paused file syncing, told it not to automatically update the apps, and tried restarting the computer once more. This time, I opened it manually and when straight to "Check for Updates."

None of these resolved the issue. It's still stuck in the same place:

Adobe Creative Cloud Will Not UPDATE.png

I am about to uninstall it and decide that I'm not using any of these apps any longer. Does ANYONE have any ideas how to resolve this that I have not already tried? Isn't there ANYONE at Adobe who can assist me with this?

Thanks,

Julia Allen

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

empty your temp directory

make sure you have read/write privileges on your temp directory

make sure you have plenty of free c drive disc space.

restart your computer (don't ski

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

empty your temp directory

make sure you have read/write privileges on your temp directory

make sure you have plenty of free c drive disc space.

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 4 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't work starting from step 1. Because the app is "updating", it will not let you unintall anything (design apps or the desktop app).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the heck kind of answer is that? I'm just wondering if you could throw a few more time-wasting steps in there. Why not just go buy a new computer? This is so ridiculous. I have an idea. Why not just make apps that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, the proposed solution is terrible. I figured a much simpler solution. If you are a Windows 10 user, instead of uninstalling Adobe CC you can try "repairing" it instead.

These are the steps that what worked for me:

1. Open the "Task Manager" and end the task on ALL Adobe processes, including background processes. 

2. Go to "Add or Remove Programs", click on Adobe Creative Cloud and click Unistall

4. Say Yes the "Allow app to make changes" dialog box

5. When you are prompted with a message asking you if you are sure you want to uninstall Adobe CC click the "Repair" button instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

I did it and could finally uninstall the programs.

Also, I can't believe how useless Adobe support is. This problems shouldn't even exist to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! After being stuck at 39% for over 12 hours!

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this solution and the repair is stuck at 40%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here...trying this & stuck at 35%. Can anyone help please? Adobe "support" very poor...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of this works it is a everytime occurance when CC wants to update the only responses are uninstall everthing and start over.  Or turn off all your internet security settings to allow Adobe complet unfettered acces to your computer.   Come on if this was a onetime occurance it would be a diffrent story...THIS IS EVERY UPDATE FOR EVERY APP.  WE HAVE TO JUMP THRU HOOPS TO GET TO THE ADOBE SERVER AND YOUR PERSONAL COMPUTER IS THE CULPRIT NOT ADOBE....GET WITH IT ADOBE!!!   THERE ARE OTHER APPLICATIONS OUT THERE WITH TRANSPARENT UPDATES WHICH DON'T REQUIRE DAYS OF FIGURING OUT WHY YOU CAN'T TRNASMIT A UPDATE WITHOUT COMPLETE SYSTEM SETTINGS.  IT IS ON ADOBE TO MAKE THIER SYSTEM WORK NOT THE CUSTOMER WHO PAID FOR THIS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, this was the solution that worked for me and made it possible to update my Adobe Bridge & Camera Raw that got stuck at 5%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct....this has gotten silly.  It's everyime for years I go thru the same thing!  Uninstall, turn of all protection and bsically go get a new computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi VSV,

Another option would be to request/use the 2020 direct links instead, which give you standalone installers and don't require the Creative Cloud Desktop app to manage their download and installation.

If someone is unable to successfully install the CC Desktop app itself, then that is also available via a direct download link here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html#Problemsinstall...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone liked this solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is there any other option available? I have 7-8 of these Apps including indesign, dreamweaver and illustrator amongst others installed on my system and only photoshop is stuck at 10%. I cannot spend productive time in erasing all of them and download them again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Instead of erasing all of them and downloading them again, did you try ter_rez's recommendation above of repairing the CC Desktop app "in place"?

Another possibility: Some folks have reported that updating their system's graphics drivers (e.g., NVIDIA or AMD or Intel) to the latest versions fixed the downloading issue... Not sure why, but it's worth trying.

If that doesn't help, then did you see the other option suggested above about getting the direct download links instead? That way you can download & install the main creative tools without using the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you are stuck Allende. Mine is also stuck, I can't uninstall my Adobe programs because they want to update to uninstall. I can't update because they get stuck at 39%. So essentially Adobe is now as good as Malware on my computer. Many of us users are extremely pissed and complaining, but the software developers aren't changing the uninstall algorithm to a much simpler version that will work. I'm going to be very careful when installing adobe products from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was reading all the replies to the problems with adobe. I never once had any of the problems. some anti virus can interact with adobe products and some malware can do the same. the best way to avoid problems is to run a dignostic check. I don't think unstalling and installing works becuase its only good with some of the products depending on how the database is set up. for example, run a diagnostic first with a great anti virus problem than allow the anti virus to check any errors of a adobe problem. even clients can check problems on a computer if scannned properly. lastly, uninstalling a product is fundementally fine, than reinstalling it back is not the only solution. sometimes the solution is having a good enough anti virus that a user underatands because some anti virus detetion systems don't allow software from other companies to interact and actually block the data on the computer! adobe products might be the same. key is to run a digistic check find the actual cause before uninstalling and reinstalling adobe! a lot of the time its not even adobe but other products that cause other problems to make look like its adobe! finally, over the years of using adobe I have no problems do to maintance, running diagnostics, check for errors with windows event viewer, report viewer, with apple u can use itunes to run a diagnostics check! hope this helps!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this problem on my new PC. Rebooted in safe mode (with networking) and all installs went smooth, without having to do any repairs, uninstalls, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

I wanted to know what you meant by safe mode, and also "Adobe Support" is an appsolute joke, I was told to use ccc (Creative Cloud Cleaner) which didn't work and then I was also told to mess with the properties which didn't work either and then I download the 2020 Direct link, also did nothing, I love paying 53 bucks a month for something I can't even use. My mom bought this for me for my birthday and now, it is ridiculus how much trouble I have to go to install an update and a edtiting software. If anyone has any luck please reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines