• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating CC 2020 apps one MacPro: House has no internet. Will Adobe post links for remote updates?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac Pro at my rural Maine House. We cannot yet get an internet line installed, and hotspot data limits make downloadinng updates via iPhone hotspot impractical. Adobe needs to realize many Americans have poor access to internet in rural locations, and some of us are CC susbscribers. Forcing us to use only online updaters is no good. We need standalone updaters that can be downloaded on a laptop at a library or other internet rich location, then taken back home and transferred to our desktops to update our CC apps. We are paying a lot of money for this software, and Adobe needs to step up their customer service and software support.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you make a note of that link above to Pro Design Tools because AFAIK Adobe itself does not post those link anywhere that is easy to find, if at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the Adobe agent I chatted with contradicted that article. The person said CC 2020 standalone app installers aren't available for things like Photoshop, Lightroom, Premier Pro, etc., and he had no

information when these might be available. This really isn't good enough. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I see even Pro Design Tools doesn't have download link to the most recent versions.

Do you have a Support Ticket number for the request of direct download links?

Are yousure you were actually conversing with a person as Adobe uses AI for first contact with users.

You have to Ask for a, type in, Agent to get to a person.

The only other option is to take your Mac Pro someplace that has an internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did get through to a real person after a few minutes, but it was disappointing to find out they don't have the latest updates avaiable, at least not yet. I did get a follow up email with a case number but it's not that helpful either. Empty space where the email is supposed to have a link to helpful article.

I could drag my Mac Pro to a sister in law's house to use her DSL internet, but it's not a fun prospect as I would have to drag my monitor and all with it. I hope that Adobe will realize with many people working from home, it's important to provide installers for updates for machines that have poor connectivity or monthly bandwidthe limits (even with "unlimited" data plans that actually have 15GB/month caps before they throttle you to 128kbps, and our village has no DSL lines available from the local ISP, all lines are in use already and they have no plan to add more capacity anytime soon).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate to tell you this but without that system connecting to the internet every so often the Adobe programs will stop working at some point.

They need to check the status of your subscription to make sure you still have a valid, Paid Up, subscription.

Here is a link to an Adobe webpage explaining it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately your system needing to connect every so often is "up to one calendar month + 99 days of offline use" for annual subscriptions – and the connection/verification of subscription is quite quick and doesn't take a lot of bandwidth.

Regarding any claim by an agent that "the 2020 standalone app installers aren't available for things like Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro, etc." – that is absolutely incorrect, and you should right away contact a different agent and/or ask to be connected to a supervisor.

Offline installers are definitely being given to subscribers for all 2020 apps; however, they may not be the latest updated versions available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info PDTs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The license authentication checks haven't been a problem over hotspot, it's the updates now and in the near future that are going to be problematic. Adobe should make offline updating easier, as should Apple too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info Pro Design Tools!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines