• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Creative Cloud Desktop app

Explorer ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past 6 months or so. . I keep getting notices that "a new version of Creative cloud desktop app is available" . . or a notice telling me to "upgrade". Each time, I've "upgraded" it still shows version 5.1.0. 407 which IS the latest version. Now, today, the notice to upgrade has returned. . .How can I see what version this is without having to waste my time if it is still 510407. . which I've upgrade to at least 5 times, as it is the only way to stop the incessant notices (for a couple of weeks, anyway). .  .Why am I getting notices that are irrelavent? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

McBuff, I am very sorry that you continue to encounter difficulties with the update process for Adobe applications.  I see that you also encountered problems with Photoshop and Lightroom in https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/edit-in-photoshop-from-lightroom-is-acting-buggy/m-....

You indicated in your previous discussion, that you were using Windows 10 Business Edition.  Do you own and manage the network and computer that you are utilizing Creative Cloud on?

Finally, please see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html which discusses the updates that have been implemented to the Creative Cloud desktop app.  It does confirm the information from your original post, that the current release is 5.1.0.407 and it was made available by 3/24/2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I upgraded (again) on May 14 to the same 5.1.0.407 version and now, May 19. . .the notification is back. .. .asking me to upgrade. This is maddening. . .I've totally lost trust with Adobe. Now when I get any notification for ANY app "update" I am extremely hesitant. I let it sit and just check the community forum to see what new hell is released on those that went with the update. 

I just checked the CC app updates site:

• More control over desktop notifications in the Preferences panel. LOL. . .right. . .FAIL!!!
  • Bug fixes and technical enhancements to improve performance and installation experience. BUG FIXS. . .well I got one more for you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

McBuff, please contact our support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that direct assistance can be provided for the difficulties you are experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines