• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating to 13.1.2 Photoshop CS6

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to update my second computer to the latest Cloud update of Photoshop CS 6 but keep getting the following:

Photoshop 13.1.2 for Creative Cloud

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

Suggestions? Air is installed and current. I am logged in and paid up as a Cloud subscriber.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2013 Feb 22, 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but that downloaded update does not apply to versions of Photoshop downloaded via Creative Cloud, only to boxed versions. It would not even install. Plus I wanted the update that is for Creative Cloud with the unique features for Cloud subscribers -- v. 13.1.2. What I had to do was decativate the older Cloud version I had, deinstall it, then re-download it thru the Application Manager. That put back the version I had, v 13.0.1 I think. The Application Manager then signaled there was an update available and indeed I could now download and install v. 13.1.2. I think the Cloud process may have been confused by the fact that one of my laptops had hard drive file corruptions bad enough to recently warrant wiping and restoring. In the process the Creative Suite apps were not decactivated and so the Cloud was thinking apps were installed on 2 machines that were really just one. Perhaps. Anyway, all works fine now. But deactivating an app is always nerve wracking as you can't be sure it will activate again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AlanDyer the second part of the document Kglad referenced is applicable to any U44M1P7 error.  The U44M1P7 error means that the installation has failed.  If the update is available from our product update page then you can try to apply the update through there.

You are correct though it is becoming more common for updates to only be available through the Adobe Application Manager for Creative Cloud subscribers.  This is because feature bearing updates are becoming more and more common for the subscribers to Creative Cloud.  In these instances it is necessary to review the installation log to determine why the updates have failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but when I tried to apply the Update available on the Updates page it outright refused to work saying that Update was not applicable to my copy. And that's true. I had the Cloud version which is not the same as the storebought boxed version -- Photoshop is now forked into different versions. So advice you give to owners of boxed software will not apply to Cloud owners. And the file that the error message was pointing me to did not exist for me to examine. As I say, I suspect it failed because it thought it was trying to install a copy that as one more than what the Cloud license allowed. Deactivating, Uninstalling, and re-downloading fixed it. But if the installer is smart enough to provide an error message such as U44M1P7 why can't it decode that and say what that means? And what the fix might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Alan for the feedback regarding the error message.  I have raised this topic as well.  For now though to obtain the more verbose error messaging necessary to resolve the issue it is still necessary to review the installation log files.

The option to try applying the update directly from the update page is more to help ensure the update was downloaded successfully.  It is entirely possible for the update to fail from the direct option and from AAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perform the following steps.

1: uninstall all adobe application manager cs6.

2:run cleaner tool(tinyurl.com/cleancs)

3: reinstall adobe cs6 with latest aam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems fairly involved to simply update a piece of software. The process should not be that involved especially for a cloud service. I can download the update but it won't install and stops right before it finishes. Is there an actual fix from Adobe coming for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff_kolbfleiosch what error did you discover which is preventing your from applying the update?  As previously discussed the error is contained in the installation log for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue - has this been patched/resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Difficult to say Aparticulate because the error message was never posted to this discussion.  U44M1P7 means nothing more than the installation has failed.  Please see message #1 which contains links to the tech document covering how to discover the error which is causing the installation to fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2013 Mar 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently experiencing the same issue with Photoshop CS6 running on Mac OS X (10.8.2).

Recently using a Photoshop CS6 trial which ended and have since purchased a Create Cloud Single App membership.

The Adobe Application Manager indicates an update is available, but attempting to apply the update results in:

"Errors encountered during installation. More details. (U44M1P7)"

The log file located within "/Library/Logs/Adobe/Installers" contains quite a few errors, from what I can tell, an error occurs for each language pack (a single example provided below, it occurs for all languages):

03/11/13 10:57:22:012 | [ERROR] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 7679 | DW023: The extension payload: Adobe Photoshop CS6 Swedish Language Pack_13.1.2_AdobePhotoshop13-sv_SE 13.1.2.0 {05784E84-D7AD-432B-969D-2D5803BCE825} requires a parent with following specification:

03/11/13 10:57:22:012 | [ERROR] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 7679 |           Family: Photoshop

03/11/13 10:57:22:012 | [ERROR] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 7679 |           ProductName: Adobe Photoshop CS6 Swedish Language Pack_AdobePhotoshop13-sv_SE

03/11/13 10:57:22:012 | [ERROR] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 7679 |           MinVersion: 0.0.0.0

03/11/13 10:57:22:012 | [ERROR] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 7679 |           This parent relationship is not satisfied, because this payload is not present in this session.

03/11/13 10:57:22:012 | [ERROR] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 7679 |           This payload will be ignored in this session.

Further down the log, there is also this error:

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

03/11/13 10:57:22:237 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 7688 | Request to install payload

03/11/13 10:57:22:240 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 7688 | Payload Adobe Photoshop CS6 Core_13.1.2_AdobePhotoshop13-Core 13.1.2.0 {4E02C584-5A78-4D4F-AB74-67C5665F8A00}: Calling ARKEngine from path /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Application Manager/DECore/DE6/resources

03/11/13 10:57:23:479 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 7688 | CustomizedPatch property not found in database

03/11/13 10:57:23:479 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 7688 | Beginning installation for payload at /private/tmp/.tempdireWzEuEhF/Install.db

03/11/13 10:57:23:483 | [ERROR] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 7688 | DS015: Unable to read symlink target of source file "/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Adobe Photoshop CS6.app/Contents/Required/Plug-Ins/Extensions/FastCore.plugin/Contents/CodeResources"(Seq 2)

03/11/13 10:57:23:483 | [WARN] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 7688 | DW063: Command ARKCopySymlinkCommand failed.(Seq 2)

03/11/13 10:57:23:483 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 7688 | Completing installation for payload at /private/tmp/.tempdireWzEuEhF/Install.db

03/11/13 10:57:23:549 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 7679 | *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=* Operation complete. Setting status: 2

I can provide the log in entirety if required.

Cheers,

Scott.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2013 Mar 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall adobe application manager.

run the cleaner:  http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

then retry downloading ps trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue as the original poster (AlanDyer) with the u44m1p7 error message for the Photoshop 13.1.2 update fail.

The log indicated that 3 files could not be repaired during the install, possibly a problem caused by 3rd party plugins being installed, I'm not sure.

I resolved the issue by going to Control Panel (Windows 8) > Programs and Features > Photoshop (Uninstall). I then relaunched the Adobe Application Manager and reinstalled Photoshop. I did not need to run the Cleaner. I was then able to update to 13.1.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, there's a problem (for, at least, some users) with the 13.0.1.2 update.  it seems to block the 13.1.2 update.

the solution for those people is to uninstall ps, reinstall and do not update to 13.0.1.2 but skip to the 13.1.2 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.1.2.0 updating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this a question? Or a statement?

Your post reply is to a thread that is 8 years old!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines