Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

upgrade cycle crimes

Explorer ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greetings,

i am unable to keep up with adobe's updates since they require new and more expensive hardware - windows 10 in my case... based on my experience - user of photoshop and ligthroom since it's beginning - i see this as adobe's online business model failure. if adobe thinks everyone can upgrade their hardware and operating systems as often as they are required too, in order to run adobe's troublesome and glitchy programs they are headed for the ONLINE ROCKS...

my question.

i'm not going to upgrade my computer. the latest version of the creative cloud will not run on my system (windows 10 required) nor can i download the latest updates of photoshop and lightroom... again compatibility.

so why should i pay for the yearly subscription?

i have remained signed out of the creative cloud since it provides for me exactly NOTHING!

so... what am i paying for?

i tried to find an adobe email address to send this msg too...

non existent...

should one send the complain to the CEO et. al...

pls advise.

tws

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Hi WorriedShrimp,

I agree it's frustrating. Aside from compatibility issues, it can be hard to keep up with the new features and irritating to have ones you like phased out. I personally use older versions of CC software for certain programs simply because I prefer the workspace and tools. That said, computer hardware and software develop quickly, and Adobe's subscription model is an attempt to keep pace with that. If you don't want to upgrade your computer, all software will eventually outpace y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WorriedShrimp,

I agree it's frustrating. Aside from compatibility issues, it can be hard to keep up with the new features and irritating to have ones you like phased out. I personally use older versions of CC software for certain programs simply because I prefer the workspace and tools. That said, computer hardware and software develop quickly, and Adobe's subscription model is an attempt to keep pace with that. If you don't want to upgrade your computer, all software will eventually outpace you. Adobe does at least offer you the ability to install a previous version of a CC app that is compatible with your system: Install previous version of your Creative Cloud app​.

Of course, that doesn't really address your question of what you're paying for. You could choose to think of a CC subscription like a payment plan. Instead of paying hundreds or thousands of dollars up front for the software, you do it over time. However, it may not be a model you're comfortable or happy with, and that's understandable. You're not alone in that by any means. While I don't have an e-mail address for you that will allow you to express your dissatisfaction directly, you might want to fill out a Feature Request/Bug Report Form​ to let Adobe know what you are looking for from their programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of 5-8-19 you may only download the current and one version back Cloud program

Changes to Creative Cloud Download Availability | Adobe Blog

If that doesn't work for you, I've read that you may cancel your subscription without an early cancel fee... you will have to specifically mention not being able to use the current version due to hardware or software compatibility to have the cancel fee waived

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC works perfectly with Windows 7. There are, however, some of the programs that do not upgrade to the very latest version, when you are using an older OS (which, however needs to be at least Windows 7 as all the prior Windows versions are no more getting security updates).

My experience shows: Windows 10 on the same machine with on changes to the Hardware is faster... So you have an interest to upgrade, if your machine supports Windows 10. If, however, you do not want to continue your subscription with Adobe, please Contact Customer Care to cancel without fee. Report back if there are problems with this.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you everyone for your helpful input.

my final question regards the online viability of my subscription. given that my OS and Hardware will be very soon, if not already, be a legacy platform and i can not update in any meaningful way adobe products. why must i renew my subscription when my paid year is up?

in other words if i sign off of creative cloud will my LR and PS still function?

today i signed out and when i tried to reload LR i was ask to log in or it would not load... i was tasked to input a new password.

btw, i have plenty of registered LR and PS years before they went online subscription...

thanks,

tws

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>if i sign off of creative cloud will my LR and PS still function?

No... stop paying for the subscription and the programs stop working

You may buy Photoshop Elements for a one time fee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may continue to use any of your perpetual programs without trouble as long as you do not upgrade.

LR will change to "light" mode: You can still run the program but some modes (like the develop mode) will be shut off. You can still look at your pictures and export, however.

CC continues for 99 days after switching off the network​. If you sign out, you need to sign in again...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greetings,

i've upgraded my old dell precision T3500 to a newer (i hope) renewed dell precision T5810 Workstation

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-1603 v3 Processor (Four Core, 10MB Cache, 2.8GHz, 140W)
Memory: 16GB (4GBx4) 2400MHz DDR4; Hard Drive: 512GB Solid State Drive SSD
Nvidia Quadro K420 2GB (DP, DL-DVI-I) (1 DP To SL-DVI Adapter); DVD R/W Drive
Windows 10 Professional (64 bit)

will this hardware meet the demand of the current version of photoshop and lightroom? - i subscribe to the photographers online bundle. my old dell would not run the latest ver.

thanks for any help.

tws

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hardware requirements can vary a bit depending on which application you are using.

You can find the hardware requirements for each CC program here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines