Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading Legacy Software

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I currently have Illustrator and Photoshop (both CS5) on my Mac, and would like to possibly upgrade to CS6 using a copy of Adobe Creative Suite CS6 Design and Web Premium (upgrade edition) purchased from England. I'm in the USA. Two questions on that:

1) Could I use that CS6 upgrade package to upgrade only those two programs I already have? Or would I need to be upgrading from an earlier version of the whole suite?

2) Would there be an incompatibility issue trying to upgrade from a North American copy of the software to a European copy (even though the language is English for both)?

P.S. I realize I'm talking about old products. But this is the software I'm interested in using right now, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I'm thinking of purchasing some legacy Adobe software from someone in England. I'm in the USA. The packaging indicates that Adobe does not consent to the distribution of the product outside of the EEA and Switzerland. Does this label mean that I cannot legally purchase the software from this person, or use it in the USA?

If that's not the meaning, does anyone know the true meaning and purpose of that labeling?

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Moved from Community Help (which is about the forums) to a better forum... and I merged your two related discussions

Adobe no longer supports CS6 and earlier, so if you go ahead with trying to upgrade a US version with an international upgrade I don't think anyone will be able to help if the license doesn't work

I will say that I personally would not try to install an international version in the US... but if it is a REALLY low cost that you can afford to lose if it doesn't work... go for it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1) Could I use that CS6 upgrade package to upgrade only those two programs I already have? Or would I need to be upgrading from an earlier version of the whole suite?

You can only upgrade to a CS6 suite from an earlier suite. It is not possible to upgrade your individual apps to the CS6 suite. 

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-upgrade-single-product-to-suite.html

"Before (CS6) you could upgrade from an individual point product to a suite containing that product, either in the same release or a subsequent release. So if you owned Photoshop CS6 then you could upgrade from that to CS6 Design & Web Premium, or to (say) CS7 Master Collection down the road.

But this will not be possible going forward… For Creative Suite 6, you can upgrade to a newer version of the same application you already own (e.g., Photoshop CS5 -> Photoshop CS6), but not to a suite. In other words, owners of individual appli­cations qualify for upgrade pricing to the same product, but not to a suite edition."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines