Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use file icon instead of program icon

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I updated most of my Adobe Applications, after the update many of the updated applications had the program icon (icon of the *.exe) instead of the file icon. Is there a way to change them back? (I already cleared the icon cache.)

Luca

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

I'm using Windows 8, I didn't move the .exe file to another folder, but I got a solution for that icon problem.

If you're using the Windows Control Panel to assign the file types to the applications, the icons will look right. I don't know why, but it works.

I hope I didn't waste your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luca can you please post a screen shot of the behavior you are describing?  FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I totally forgot this, here is a screenshot how the After Effects file icon looks and how the Photoshop file icon looks. Before the update, the After Effects file icon looked similar to the Photoshop file icon.

screenshot.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luca Selinski are you using Windows or Mac OS?  Did you move the application icons to the desktop or create shortcuts/aliases?  I would recommend reviewing Launch CC apps after install - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/launch-creative-cloud-apps.html which discusses how to navigate and locate your installed Adobe Creative titles.  The Adobe Creative applications will either end with a .exe or .app depending on your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 8, I didn't move the .exe file to another folder, but I got a solution for that icon problem.

If you're using the Windows Control Panel to assign the file types to the applications, the icons will look right. I don't know why, but it works.

I hope I didn't waste your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm also having this same problem. But I don't know how to fix it. Please Help Me.. I didn't understand your fix. I tried reinstallimg these apps, but no result. Please tell me what to do. I am trying to solve this from june.Screenshot (213).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines