Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using different versions of apps on two CC accounts

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have two CC accounts, one personnal and one with my organization. With remote work, I access them both on my personnal computer at home.

I wish to update the apps to the latest for my personnal account only. With my organization we have to stay all on the same version for compatibility (Indesign).

What I want to know is:

Are the updates related to the accounts you update them with? Is it possible to use the latest on one account and previous version on the other? I mean, I know it's possible, but will it open the latest by default if I double click on a document. I don't want to manually choose the previous version each time I open a file. Is it possible to force open previous version when I'm logged on organization account?

Im on PC with Windows 10.

PS I hope I made myself clear. English is not my usual langage.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

You can only be logged into a single account on a computer at a time. So if you have two versions installed on the computer, you should login to the account you want to work with and use the application as needed. So in your case login with personal account to work on the latest version and with organisation account for previous version. I don't remember reading anything about the version update tied to the account used to download it.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK if you upgrade an Adobe Program on any computer, No matter how many accounts you have, that update will replace, or could replace, the older version on All Accounts on that One Computer.

I said Could replace because there was, or still is, an option to remove the previous version which could be De-Selected and what would happen is you would then have both older and newer version of that program installed on your system.

IIRC to see that option you have to Upgrade the programs individually, Not as a Group (Update All).

But I haven't done that in some time so that option may be more hidden or might of been removed.

You could still Reinstall the older version from the CC DTA by access the Other Version drop down.

2020-08-15 11_16_36-Creative Cloud Desktop.png2020-08-15 11_17_22-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only be logged into a single account on a computer at a time. So if you have two versions installed on the computer, you should login to the account you want to work with and use the application as needed. So in your case login with personal account to work on the latest version and with organisation account for previous version. I don't remember reading anything about the version update tied to the account used to download it.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that I can use both version. I understand I can use the latest for my personnal account and the previous for my organization. I'm not clear i'm sorry.

Is double-clicking on a file open it automatically with the latest version when you have multiple version ?

What I would like to know is when I'm on the organization account, will I have to "right-click Open with" the previous version to force open each file with it (I don't want that), or will it automatically open with the previous version by double-clicking on it?

Or can I instead reverse this: Set the previous version as the default one to open by double-clicking on a file and right-click Open with the latest when I want?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have multiple versions of apps installed, and there are many reasons to do so, you should give up all idea of opening with double click. You could use Right click -> Open with but I find that tedious. I use Ctrl+O in the app, or drag the file to the title bar. Note that you cannot have multiple versions of Acrobat.

Repeat: give up on double click. You will end up opening in the wrong version and saving a file you can no longer use in the right version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines