• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Photoshop and Bridge 2020 offline

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to a threat of a computer hack today I had to unplug my internet connection.  This was when I discovered that I could not access my Adobe products namely Photoshop, Bridge and Acrobat.  I have a subscription to all of these and always thought I could access offline as required.  Please advise what I must do in order to access these programs when offline.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What plan do you have? Do you get any error message? If you do, what does it say?

From the Internet connectivity, offline grace period, and reminders help site:
"You can use the apps in offline mode with a valid software license for a limited period. The apps attempt to validate your software license every 30 days.

In offline mode, annual Creative Cloud members get 99 days of grace period; month-to-month members get 30 days of grace period.
"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Annual Plan, Prepaid Photography 20 GB and valid to Oct. 2, 2020.
Due to an attempted hack I had to disconnect from the internet today.  Decided to work on my photos but when trying to open Photoshop or any other Adobe programfor that matter the message said that Adobe could not verify my account and would not let me into the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starlightshine, while you can be offline for up to 99 days, with an annual membership, if the licensing files are damaged, then you will need to connect to the Internet to validate your license is still valid.

What happens when you reconnect to the Internet, are you then able to open Photoshop and Bridge CC?  What is the nature of the attack that forced you to keep the computer off the internet?  What steps, besides disconnecting the Internet, have you taken to resolve the attack?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I reconnect to the internet I am able to use all my Photoshop, Bridge & Acrobat the same as always. 

The nature of the attack is that I responded to a link on Facebook in regard to understanding the meaning of words.  My computer immediately froze.  Never had this happen before.  I unplugged my modem and turned my computer off for the rest of the afternoon.  This was when I discovered that I was unable to use my Adobe programs offline.  All other programs on my computer worked just fine.

Since then everything has been working properly.

I really want to be able to use my Adobe programs when offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional information, Starlightsunshine. 

I did review the activation history for your account, and I do see an excessive amount of activation requests.  There were six requests on March 8, 2020, for one example.  It does seem that either security software, or some other utility program, is modifying the licensing information stored on the computer.  This then triggers a new activation request.  If you are unable to connect to the Internet, then that request will not be successful.

Are you able to stay online now, Starlightsunshine?  If so, then please review the settings for any installed security or utility software and verify it is not affecting the digital certificates that are stored on the computer.  You can find more information about where this information is stored at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/troubleshoot-licensing-activation.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If each and every time I go in and out an Adobe program it needs to be activated I am not surprised that there are multiple logins.  I frequently am in and out, closing and opening Adobe programs in the course of a day.  Some more than others.  On March 8th I was using Bridge and Photoshop and did open and close them several times.  6 times does not surprise me.

I feel that the only problem I have at the moment is my inability to use Adobe products when offline.  I honestly thought I had a fully paid annual subscription with a usable licence that was good both on and off line and that is the only problem I am now trying to resolve.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starlightshine, I am sorry if I was unclear, but the behavior you are experiencing is not typical.  A membership check will only be performed once a day, and with an annual membership, you should have up to 99 days offline.

Instead, the stored certificate information is becoming damaged or unreadable, triggering a new request that requires an active Internet connection.  If the connection is unavailable, then you are unable to utilize your applications until Internet access is restored.

You are welcome to contact our support team directly at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html to see if there is anything we can do to assist you.  

It is more likely though that installed security or utility software is damaging the stored information.  You would want to examine these software titles, and their settings yourself, or contact their manufacturer to verify it is not destroying or modifying the security certificates that are installed on the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I still have the same problem.  I cannot use my Adobe programs unless I'm online. 

I do not have a clue how to resolve this issue unless I am able to install a complete program to my hard drive as in the days before the internet.

I am disappointed and don't know where to turn.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to hear that, Starlightsunshine. As previously discussed, the activation requests are being triggered because the digital certificates on the computer are being modified.  You are welcome to contact our chat support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html to see if any additional troubleshooting steps can be implemented.

I would also recommend you reach out to whoever manufacturers the security and system utility software that is installed on the computer.  Either type of software is likely responsible for the damage/corruption that is occurring to the digital certificates and triggering a new activation request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

starlightshine, I hear you. I found this thread because I have a general concern about losing my ability to use my Adobe software while working remotely, because with so many people working from home right now, internet service is less reliable. My internet went down this morning and Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver all immediately popped up that they couldn't verify.

Similar to starlightshine's concerns, I would like some reassurance that if I suffered a long-term loss of internet or multiple interruptions over a few months, I would still be able to use Adobe software locally, "as in the days before the internet," to quote starlightshine.

Can Jeff or someone speak to this? With internet interruptions becoming more common lately, I don't know if the grace period policy is enough. I understand that online validation is handy for Adobe, but it is not good for the user if the internet is not reliable.

Thanks~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jamesjamesandjames, you can find information about how long you can be offline in this discussion thread.  There is no Creative Cloud membership associated with the e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum.  Please contact whoever manages your membership if you do not know if you have a month to month or a annual membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines