• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Validating install of Acrobat XI Pro Win ESD (Int'l English)

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really frustrated with the torturous interaction with the Adobe website. I just want help with an error generted by their nonsense.

We are a non-profit, we purchased three licences from Adobe for Acrobat XI Pro Win ESD (Int'l English).

They sent a link to the installer files. Installation all good.

Try to open the application and it asks for the license key. No worries, I have them, so I enter them, Still all good, then I click finish and it says "Something went wrong" check with your systems administrator...

I could not think of a less helpful message.

I have tried different computers, different browsers, evrything I could think of (with no idea what is wrong...)

We paid for these licenses and are stranded. I tried to get help on line but I just go in circles, it takes me to the help window then suggest chat then takes me back to the help window when I select chat.

Anybody out there have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum, you need the link to Adobe support, not other users
Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Also: beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just purchased those licenses? Seems odd. Was it definitely Adobe who sold them to you, today in 2021?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they purchased it now it was definitely not Adobe that sold it to them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are people focusing on "now". I didn't say or suggest any recent purchase. The issue is a legitimately purchased perpetual license is failing activation. I have Adobe licenses from many years ago that still authenticate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason is this version of Acrobat is outdated and not supported by Adobe any longer, and your wording suggested you got the link from Adobe now, which would have been odd... Anyway, even if you purchased them in the past, they're still outdated (which doesn't mean it won't work, necessarily, just that problems are to be expected). What's your OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would anyone assume we bought them today or even in the past few weeks? I looked over my question and I didn't mention anything like today, recently..... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, but you made no mention of this being a reinstall, or a new install 7+ years after purchase. Since you didn't mention this, it seems possible that you did recently buy it. Scammers are constantly seeking out new victims, so we do try to protect people if we can. Sorry if that inconveniences you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines