Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Validity of older versions of Creative Suite

Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'd like to ask - I plan to purchase an older version of Creative Suite 5 from another person and transfer the license. However, I discovered that Creative Cloud users were recommended to stop using older versions of the software - due to a licensing issue. Does this issue affect older boxed versions of Creative Suite? Will the transfer of the license CS5 be possible? Thank you for your answer, Renata

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A license transfer has to go through Adobe, and I don't know if they are supporting that for the CS products anymore. You'll need to contact Adobe support to find out if that's possible, and I would recommend NOT making the purchase until you get a clear answer from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Educational editions cannot be transferred.  And except in Germany, OEM editions cannot be transferred.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

NOTE 1:  CS5 was designed for older operating systems.  Creative Suite installers won't work on macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

NOTE 2: Creative Suite cannot run on Catalina. Don't even try it.

NOTE 3: Adobe removed the CS updaters. Your product may not work properly without the updates.

NOTE 4: Legacy Creative Suite is discontinued & unsupported. Use at your own risk.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also beware it may not run at all on recent systems. Mixing current system and 10 year old apps is likely to give you unfixable issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also: Adobe have been slowly turning off activation for old versions of Creative Suite. CS2 and CS3 are now completely useless. We might speculate that CS4 and CS5 will be next. So you might be able to install now, but not next time. I don't know what your aims are in buying such old software, but if you only get a couple of years of use, it may not be cost effective compared to a subscription to the current software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines