Highlighted

VCRUNTIME140.dll when I try to run my Adobe program

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You see I'm having the problem that is not opening or installing at all it tells me that I need a VCRUNTIME140.dll Which I don't know what that means please help me figure this out.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by John T Smith | Most Valuable Participant

To find the C runtime for your specific version of Windows...

Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find and re-install the C runtime, or for ALL Windows help

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

VCRUNTIME140.dll when I try to run my Adobe program

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You see I'm having the problem that is not opening or installing at all it tells me that I need a VCRUNTIME140.dll Which I don't know what that means please help me figure this out.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by John T Smith | Most Valuable Participant

Search bar at the top of http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx to find and re-install the C runtime, or for ALL Windows help

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means you need to install Visual C++ Runtime from Microsoft.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the first step as suggested by Nancy, if you still face the issue you may try downloading the vcruntime dll file from <Removed by Moderator>.

Most of the time it get resolved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to "Apps & features", filter by "C++" click the desired version choose "Modify" then "Repair".

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines