Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

versions

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am updating my Photoshop/Lightroom/Bridge with the creative cloud. What has happened that I ended up with endless numbers of  photoshop/bridge and lightroom versions. 

I have unistalled the "old" versions I found but there is lot of "garbage" left on the computer. Is there a way to clean up the residues of the obsolete versions?

Thanks

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is, or was, an option in the CC DTA when installing one UpGrade (Note the reference to UpGrade and the word One) to remove the older version that is currently installed.

That option was checked by default but if at anytime you unchecked that option the install routine leaves the older version.

If you do 2-3-whatever number of upGrades you can end up with all those older version installed.

If you do multiple upgrade installs at the same time, 
Update/Upgrade All", you never see that option to remove the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updating manually gives you a checkbox option to keep or remove previous versions.  If you allow CC to update apps automatically, you probably never see that option.  For that reason, I turn off automatic app updates from Preferences (gear icon) > Apps.

Owing to Adobe's version policy, pre-2019 versions are no longer available unless you kept them installed on your system.  There are times when older versions are desired to support a deprecated feature or 3rd party plugin.  When you're ready to uninstall older versions, do it from your CC Desktop App.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines