Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very poor identification process

Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I became locked out of my Adobe account because I had two factor authentication on and I moved country.

My SIM card is not able to receive texts out here, so I opted to receive my login code via email.

For some reason, emails were taking over 10 minutes to arrive to my account, by which time the code had expired.

I went onto Chat Support and an agent changed my account email to a new one, which received the emails straight away, sorting out the issue.

I'm very appreciative of this, but the agent did this with just my Adobe email and full name, which is in my email. So it would have been very easy for an attacker to gain access to my entire Adobe account. I was not asked any security questions or any questions that could be used to confirm my identity, such as the last 4 digits of my debit card. Is this not a part of Adobe's security protocol? I'm quite concerned that my account is this easy for someone to maliciously gain access to.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?