What happens to my content if I cancel my CC subscription?

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My CC subscription is set to renew in a few weeks, but I don't use it enough to justify the cost, so I'm going to cancel. If I cancel today, will I still be able to use the software through the end of the subscription? Will I still be able to access my content? Or am I better off backing up files to a hard drive before canceling, so that I don't lose them?

It seems that if I've already paid for a year I should be able to use CC for the entire year... but there's a warning on the cancellation screen that's leading me to believe otherwise.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018
you'll lose files only saved on adobe's cloud servers so, of course, you need those files on storage you control (eg, your harddrive).when you cancel you'll have access to a free membership, How to cancel your Adobe Creative Cloud plan or membership but you'll lose access to programs unless you're entitled to a trial.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you'll lose files only saved on adobe's cloud servers so, of course, you need those files on storage you control (eg, your harddrive).

when you cancel you'll have access to a free membership, How to cancel your Adobe Creative Cloud plan or membership but you'll lose access to programs unless you're entitled to a trial.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will the creative cloud files that are saved on a hard drive become accessible and editable again if I make a new account in the future (that includes a paid subscription)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a student account that is about to expire, so I'm wondering if the files I made under my school creative cloud account (that are now saved in a hard drive), will be able to open up and be edited again by me once I can afford to pay for a new personal account.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will the creative cloud files that are saved on a hard drive become accessible and editable again if I make a new account in the future (that includes a paid subscription)?

By @defaultnwrbqiniyu2b

Yes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines