Highlighted

What is it with Adobe support, why do they always want to access my machine?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what's the deal? Every time I go to Adobe support to fix a problem that they created with an "update" they want to remotely access my machine?

It's like going to the doctor for a bad splinter and having them run you through an MRI. It's ham-handed and an invasion of privacy.

Why not walk me through a few steps so that I can see what is being fixed and changed but perhaps UNDERSTAND what they are doing?

While we are at it-stop [changing] Photoshop and my calls will stop.

And since we are on the subject, can I access your machine to poke around for a bit?

[edited by moderator]

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

What is it with Adobe support, why do they always want to access my machine?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what's the deal? Every time I go to Adobe support to fix a problem that they created with an "update" they want to remotely access my machine?

It's like going to the doctor for a bad splinter and having them run you through an MRI. It's ham-handed and an invasion of privacy.

Why not walk me through a few steps so that I can see what is being fixed and changed but perhaps UNDERSTAND what they are doing?

While we are at it-stop [changing] Photoshop and my calls will stop.

And since we are on the subject, can I access your machine to poke around for a bit?

[edited by moderator]

Topics

Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You're preaching to the choir here.  This is not a direct pipeline to Adobe.  It's a user-to-user forum.

2. I don't like teaching people how to fix their machines either.  It takes too much time.  I can do it faster myself.  

3. Adobe support does not teach people to use their software.  That's not their job.  If you want one-on-one teaching, hire a consultant.

4. Before you upgrade, read the What's New page & make an informed decision to upgrade or not.  Or just hold off until the next dot release.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You're preaching to the choir here.  This is not a direct pipeline to Adobe.  It's a user-to-user forum.

I was asking the community how they deal with this. My direct pipeline to Adobe (such as it is) is the survey they send out and the email they provide.

2. I don't like teaching people how to fix their machines either.  It takes too much time.  I can do it faster myself.  

Wouldnt it be nice if they kept the chat open and suggested steps that I take to fix the problem? That way, if the problem occurs again, I will know how to fix the software that I have leased. I do teach people BTW and your attitude is pure arrogance.

3. Adobe support does not teach people to use their software.  That's not their job.  If you want one-on-one teaching, hire a consultant.

Agreed. Their job is to assist paying customers when their software is not functioning properly. Not all of us can afford to hire consultants.

4. Before you upgrade, read the What's New page & make an informed decision to upgrade or not.  Or just hold off until the next dot release.

A reasonable point. Few of us actually read those statements and that is a problem. However, what is not included on the "What's New" page is how the upgrade changes your settings and interrupts workflow. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2020 0