• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the difference CS6 & CC Versions?

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use creative cloud now..have all my applications downloaded as CS6 (PS, ILL, FW and so on)...So what is the difference between the 2 versions? ShouldI download the CC version? New features and so on?

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Yes you can download CC Version as they both can work together. Difference between CS6 and CC, CC is a new Version of Adobe product line.

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can download CC Version as they both can work together. Difference between CS6 and CC, CC is a new Version of Adobe product line.

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response, last question...Should I remove the CS6 Versions first or after I download the new versions and any issues if I do? wont break anything or remove functionality.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep your CS6 version, since you might experience problems with the new CC versions. So better keep the old ones until you've done some testing. They work independently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Should I remove the CS6 Versions

If you use Premiere Pro and Encore CS6 to create a DVD or BluRay disc, you MUST NOT remove Encore CS6... there is no Encore CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ligoc Cogil wrote:

One notable thing, they removed the bone tool from CC.....so no more kinematics.

They removed many more features beyond than that in Flash CC, see here (posts #7 & #8 etc): http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1234809?start=0&tstart=0

John T Smith wrote:

there is no Encore CC

Same with Fireworks:

http://blogs.adobe.com/fireworks/2013/05/the-future-of-adobe-fireworks.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2014 Mar 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True enough, though fortunately Fireworks CS6 and Encore CS6 will work together with the CC tools...

http://blogs.adobe.com/davtechtable/2013/05/using-encore-cs6-with-premierepro-cc.html

Also @Ligoc:  Both versions of the apps (CS6 and CC) are always included in your Creative Cloud membership, and can be installed & used on the same machine – so hopefully in this case it means you don't have to sit in loud computer labs to do assignments if you don't want to .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this is a late post for this thread, but am at this state of mind and dilemma at this time. Corporations generally (or always) make their decisions based upon increasing profits but always use the spin of benefits to the buyer. Talking about how much we, the buyer, can save over the course of a year, makes this sales pitch seem more palatable. But, is it really? I, and I would guess many others, are not "power users" who use many Adobe products and are constantly buying upgrades whenever they come out. I simply cannot afford it. I use the products in a very small business, mostly in photography and associated websites, with a few clients mixed in for good measure. I will buy something like Photoshop, or Dreamweaver out of necessity or because there is increased value and upgrades that I must have to do what I want to do or need to do. In a situation like this, comparing spending $600 for a product purchase with spending "only" $40 per month for a year sounds innocuous, only within the "box" of the year containment scenario as it essentially is asking the narrow question, "Would you rather spend $600 or just "$480?" But, people like me will use a product for at least 2 years, perhaps 3 years before getting another upgrade. So, that fact, the more realistic comparison of, "Would you rather spend $600 now, or risk having to spend $960 over the next 2 years or $1,440 over the next 3 years?"  is whispering in our ears as we hear the spin. Once we start, we are stuck with it because those files created are like addicts - they must have their fix from that point on or not be able to function properly. And, having a largely seasonal business with the associated and unpredictable bell curve of finances makes it truly a risky choice. But to remain current, our sense is that we may not really have a "choice." Our water supply is controlled at the dam and this is surely a profit maker for Adobe and better controls the unauthorized users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2014 Jun 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A huge difference is that you already paid for CS6. If you want CC, you have a pay a subscription every month. Also, many people object to cloud-based models, where often times your data is not under your direct control and things may not work smoothly when disconnected from the Internet.

Personally, I prefer a purchase model to a subscription model. I can't afford an unlimited number of subscriptions that I have a pay for for the rest of my life - my income is not unlimited. Purchasing subscriptions is fiscally irresponsible in my opinion. What happens when you no longer wish to or can no longer afford to pay, either because of your finances, because something better is available, or because you are unhappy with a future evolution of the product? Presumably when you stop paying you lose access to the program. Does this mean all your work with the program becomes inaccessible to you? Do you retain access to what's in the cloud? Is it of any use to you without access to the program any more?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Keep your cs6 because i've run into problems with fonts and other things thus far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Puff Bradley wrote:

So what is the difference between the 2 versions? Should I download the CC version? New features and so on?

Thanks

Well in terms of what's new and improved, new features, etc, this version comparison should help:

What Are the Differences Between New Adobe CC vs. CS6?

If you want though, you could keep both releases on your same computer(s) for as long as you want, and run either - at least until you get up to speed with the new release...  Or you can uninstall CS6 before or after you install CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not just make it an update CS6? whay have the same application installed twice? - Just wondering.

Thanks

Ronald Mason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chino - CC is a new major version like going from CS5 to CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chino, you may not have the need, but some customers like to have older releases running on the same machine as newer ones - or at least have that option...

It can be especially helpful with apps like InDesign where you may be dealing with different version file formats depending on your printer, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2015 Sep 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because Adobe like's your money. Why maintain CS6 when they can force you to pay for CC annually and then make you pay for the updates as well? Planned Obsolescence is a bitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One notable thing, they removed the bone tool from CC.....so no more kinematics.

annoying since the school where im taking a flash class, just for the experience not for any professional expectation, uses cs6.... figured CC would be able to do everything if not more than the "older" version.

Major let down..... back to sitting in loud computer labs to do assignments 

So yeah, i know this reply is late but for anyone else wondering if they should upgrade.... if you use bones DONT it will just convert all your existing ones to keyframes.

Good thing i only downloaded the trial(Which btw was suppose to be a cs6 trial.....so apparently they are really trying to get away from it )... or i'd be annoyed even more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2014 Sep 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to give the Adobe folks more evidence of the user experience, want to say I am having a similar issue in that I bought CC, somehow have CS6 installed, and now am running across issues in updating CC, but not in updating CS6 (which I don't think I own--kind of confused now.)

I think it was not clear on install of CC that one should probably uninstall whatever CS# you had...

Nor is it clear why my installs of CC are "failing."  It just says "update failed, contact customer support." My subscription is up to date, so it isn't that. Kind of feeling like an abandoned user and that I now have to figure out the user experience of installing the product I'm renting every month. Not the best feeling!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2014 Nov 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I'm confused.

I pay the monthly CC fee ($53.61 now), but on my workstation all my programs say CS6. Is this correct? I got CS6 when I registered for CC. I still have CS4 Master Collection.

Not sure what I'm running anymore. My account says I have a Creative Cloud membership. Am I just not taking advantage the "Cloud" features?

Customer support couldn't help me because their "systems" were down. Ironic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2014 Nov 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul, when you select "About ..." on the Help menu of any Adobe tool, it will tell you the software version.  Certainly, if you are a Creative Cloud subscriber then you are entitled to run the latest CC 2014 releases of the applications (as well as the CS6 versions if you want). 

So you should be able to download, install & run the current releases via the Creative Cloud Desktop App – or if that hasn't worked for you for some reason, then the CC 2014 direct links.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, PDT. That does help.

However, if I have CS6 on my workstation, and I do (Help>About [program name]),

1. Are the programs the same as the latest CC online (presuming they are all up-to-date)?
  2. Wouldn't using the programs online slow things down since everything would be working thru the internet or does the desktop app compensate for that?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Paul, no – whoo boy, no...

The current CC 2014 version is 2+ years and two major releases past CS6 – and there have been over 1,000 new features & improvements added since CS6...  For more details on the particulars of what's new:

What’s the Difference Between Adobe CC 2014 vs. CS6, CS5, CS4, CS3?

Importantly, these are not, repeat not web applications – they are full desktop releases that download, install, and run locally on your computer just like always – and can run fine offline with no connection to the Internet...  See especially myths #2 and #3:

The 10 Most Common Myths About Adobe’s Creative Cloud (CC)

And as mentioned above in this thread, you can have both CS6 and CC installed and running together on the same system – they exist side-by-side and don't conflict, so you don't have to uninstall anything if you don't want to.

Sorry, this stuff can be confusing sometimes I know!  Hope this helps clarify a bit, but feel free to follow up with any further questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Have I ever been missing out. Switching (or registering) for CC now!

Also, just subscribed to ProDesignTools updates. Thank God for ProDesignTools.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure Paul, you're welcome and glad to help!

It sounds like you already have it but just didn't realize it...  So it should just be a matter of downloading & installing the new CC apps for you, and away you go.

But don't feel alone – we've often heard that "Creative Cloud" can be a confusing name; there's a lot to it and "the cloud" is just one part of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you already have it but just didn't realize it...  So it should just be a matter of downloading & installing the new CC apps for you, and away you go.

That's right. I hate that I've been paying for it since it first came out and only "thought" I've been using it.

Downloading right now. Press on....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it, Sopper. Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines