• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the future of CS4 Activation?

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Adobe CS3 on my older Mac after a hard drive crash, I found I was unable to complete activation because Adobe's server for CS3 activations had been retired. Thankfully I was able to install CS4 on the machine and it activated! And this version still supports the old file types I need to access. I was able to use the date change workaround suggested by another forum member to auto-update.

Now that leads to the next question. How can I find out when Adobe is going to discontinue online activation for CS4 so I can plan accordingly? I did not get the memo on CS3 until it was too late. (FYI - I have a Creative Cloud subscription, but I still need access to older versions of the software to support customer data.)

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>How can I find out when Adobe is going to discontinue online activation for CS4 so I can plan accordingly?

You can't. These things are never announced in a structured manner which allows for forward planning by end users.

CS2 and CS3 activation shutdowns both happened quickly in a non-negotiable way.

CS4 shutdown cannot be far away but I have no knowledge of when.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS3's activation servers failed.  Nobody plans for that, it just happens.  CS4, 5 & 6 are on life support.  But as long as you never need to re-install or upgrade your computer you should be golden for another 10 years. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines