Highlighted

what program do I use to create writing to post on IPEG photos

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some photos in IPEG and I only know how to use bridge and photoshop.

What program can I use to create a logo of simple writing to overlay on my IPEG photos if possible?

I will also be using the same logo to overlay on NEF photos and videos HD & SD?

is this possible? or do I use 2 different programs?

could you please suggest...

thank you

itruck

Topics

New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

what program do I use to create writing to post on IPEG photos

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some photos in IPEG and I only know how to use bridge and photoshop.

What program can I use to create a logo of simple writing to overlay on my IPEG photos if possible?

I will also be using the same logo to overlay on NEF photos and videos HD & SD?

is this possible? or do I use 2 different programs?

could you please suggest...

thank you

itruck

Topics

New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For JPGs use Photoshop.

To my knowledge there are NO RAW developers that will do what you want without creating a separate, second, file that has the watermark, logo whatever, on it.

Writing a logo, text, whatever over the top of a RAW file would be a very bad idea. Once you do that you could not remove it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 1
itruck LATEST
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, yes I will try Photoshop for the JPGs photos as I told I couldn't! but would prefer too.

I usually use photoshop older version before updating to these new ADOBE system full kit as they said I needed it for what I wanted to do? 

as in the past yes I created a seperate logo in photoshop as a separate file then saved that to bring in as a separate layer over my RAW photo to create the image ending effect then saving it as a ? to upload to my website or social media accounts.

But I have never use video editing before now and will be getting into it, as I have a lot of videos now that Im heading into and need to put logo on them as people steal them and repost them all over the world plus I want to add sound to photo slideshows and logos, thats why they said I need the full package to create the logo in illistrator or another program I couldn't rember to use across what I just explained?

so if you have anymore suggestions I would be grateful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what IPEG is.  Never heard of it.

JPG or JPEG file type is a raster image commonly used on the web.

Use Photoshop to create your watermark (text, url or icon) and add it as a 2nd layer on top of your image. 

Go to File > Export > Export as JPG.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, sorry I did mean JPEG file as I hadn't noticed the computer orto corrected it.

I will defianiantly give this a try as that is how I ust to operate with RAW files in the past which I prefer and used in a old version of photoshop before updating photoshop programs.

someone had told me I had to use illistrator which I haven't used, and on the communitiy site I saw messages from 2018 saying to use another program im unfamiliar with!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0