• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What will happen to my project files if I switch adobe accounts?

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I currently am paying for the creative cloud in an account under my gmail. However, my University started offering the full creative cloud for free using our University emails.

If I cancel my subscription with my gmail account and then start the one with my University email, will my project files still work? I want to make sure I don't lose anything in this swithcing process. Thanks!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cc subscriptions (and files) are linked to the email address used to sign up for the subscription.  the same person with two different email addresses looks like two different persons.

ie, you'll need to manually transfer/share your files from the gmail account to the student account before cancelling your gmail account and losing those gmail file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm having a similar problem as chrisa1032919, I'm trying to change my email address without losing all of my old files. Any idea what the best way to transfer my files is? Is it just a case of copying and  pasting all of the work on each file from the old account to the new one or is there a simpler way to do it because I think this could take a while?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines