• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I buy the upgrade or the full version of Lightroom 7?

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been looking for it everywhere but I only can find it for rental.

I'm a bit scary about it, because I already had to quit using a lot of Adobe applications that I paid for decades because of the rental service, but I was expecting to be able to still buy Lightroom. I own all versions since the 1st release and I only need to buy an update to LR7 because I'm having a lot of problems trying to repeat a search of faces on LR6.

Obviously I will never support rental software but I'll continue paying for LR7 if I find a way to buy it. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

You have now had 3 people tell you that LR6 is the last version with a serial number

No LR7 with a serial number, only a subscription (if it is even called LR7)

No LR8 with a serial number, only a subscription (if it is even called LR8)

The ONLY photo editing program that Adobe still sells with a serial number is Photoshop Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Adobe Creative Cloud​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just looking for Lightroom without Creative Cloud. I'm a freelance photographer working alone, I have absolutely no interest at all in the Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, LR 6 is the last version with a serial number... any later version is via Cloud subscription

About your problem with earlier programs not working

Read Cloud takes over https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2089127 for some ideas (see reply #1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John is right. Lightroom 6 is the latest perpetual license from Lightroom this is available. Adobe doesn't supported this version anymore. There are no more patches bug fixes and support for new cameras and objectives.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest/last LR6 is 6.14 Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really ridiculous. So... there's no way to get an update for my actual LR6 as far as I understood. Does it mean that Adobe is also killing the LR updates for consumers who don't or can't use rental software?

If so this is a huge problem. It was easy to quit using Photoshop and get an alternative application to do the same, but I have a database on LR with more than 10 years and obviously I will never pay for the Creative Cloud because most of the time I don't even have access to the internet, I just need Lightroom and a laptop has I've been doing since 2006.

Is that so hard to get a LR7 without the useless CC rental?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it mean that Adobe is also killing the LR updates for consumers who don't or can't use rental software?

Version 6 is the last perpetually licensed version of Lightroom.

To upgrade from version 6, you must subscribe to the Creative Cloud or the Photography Plan.

obviously I will never pay for the Creative Cloud because most of the time I don't even have access to the internet

You don't need an ongoing internet connection to use Lightroom Classic CC. You download, install and run it locally just like always.

There is optional Cloud storage included but you don't have to use it. You can store your images locally.

The Cloud part really refers to the licensing. Periodically, the license checker will contact the Adobe servers when it detects an internet connection and will confirm that you are financially current. That check takes a few seconds and is transparent to the end user..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? Can't we expect a perpetual license at least for LR8?

I should never started to use LR back in 2006, but at the time I could never imagine this hideous move by Adobe

Anyway... If I'll never use the cloud storage, because I have absolutely no interest at all in such a thing, why would I pay a rent to use a software? It seems dangerous.

I always paid for new software when I'm able to, but as a freelancer there are hard times when I even have difficulties to pay my water and electricity, but in those times at least, using a perpetual licenses, I'm able to keep exploring my old software while try to get a new job, and sometimes I'm even able to use my old software on some small works to keep on living.

The rental software might be good for rich people or big companies, but for the average freelancer it seems a dishonest scheme. I feel much safer to fully pay for my software when I get paid and use it without being worried about another monthly payment. It's a horrible scheme for someone, like me, that will never use the Creative Cloud.

I really hope that Adobe understands the level of this stupidity and let users pay again for perpetual licenses. Meanwhile I'll keep looking for a way to upgrade my LR6 without a rental or find a honest alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have now had 3 people tell you that LR6 is the last version with a serial number

No LR7 with a serial number, only a subscription (if it is even called LR7)

No LR8 with a serial number, only a subscription (if it is even called LR8)

The ONLY photo editing program that Adobe still sells with a serial number is Photoshop Elements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines