Where is Lightroom 5.7.1 download

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have a Lightroom 5 license. I just moved to a new computer and cannot find a download of Lightroom 5.7.1 anywhere on the Adobe website (just Lightroom 6). Is it no longer available to download on adobe.com? Is there anywhere else to download it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe removed old links from public view https://theblog.adobe.com/changes-to-creative-cloud-download-availability

How to get a previous version... Read reply #10 https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2620448

-Also read https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

-And https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-downloaded-file-app.html

-OR... Go to https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/contact.html

-click on the Chat bot on the bottom right hand corner of the first screen

--the chat bot is the circle with a funny looking box with 3 dots inside

-click on Downloading or Installing, then type Agent

Do NOT let the support agent tell you to come to the forums for help... no user in a public forum has access to Adobe's internal links, you MUST obtain the program and update links from Adobe support

AND when you finally do have a download link, be sure to copy every file you download to an external drive (or 2 or 3) so you never have to hunt for download links if they are moved again... also make a text file containing ALL of your serial numbers and copy that file as well

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got of the chat with "Sunil". He recommended that I download LR5 from https://prodesigntools.com/lightroom-5-ddl-comparison-vs-lr4.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe makes this difficult, and their support people are sometimes seriously misinformed.

Reiterating what was said above:

Do NOT let the support agent tell you to come to the forums for help... no user in a public forum has access to Adobe's internal links, you MUST obtain the program and update links from Adobe support

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After spending half an hour on the chat, I still don't have a link to LR5. That is so disappointing.

*all the link on the link above lead to the non-existing adobe file locations

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reiterating what was said above:

you MUST obtain the program and update links from Adobe support

The link from ProDesign Tools in Post#2 above (for Windows v5.71) was available to me on June 23rd, but now it is not. So Adobe seem to have definitely closed all links to downloads.

Words extracted from Adobe advice-

"Perpetual users are still able to utilize their software.  If they purchased the software directly from Adobe then it will be available under their account by using the process listed in Find downloaded apps and files .

All perpetual version downloaders are still available with Customer Care only if the user can prove ownership of the software."

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.3, Lightroom 3.3, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.0), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through the ordeal again. This time a got download link. For the CC version. 3rd times the charm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quickie2  wrote

I went through the ordeal again. This time a got download link. For the CC version. 3rd times the charm

So you are going to subscribe to a plan?

All Creative Cloud plans are by subscription.

But a great choice for the 'Photography Plan' with 20Gb (Cloud storage). You get Lightroom-Classic, Lightroom, Photoshop, Mobile Apps, Portfolio website, Adobe Bridge, etc.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.3, Lightroom 3.3, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.0), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t do it quickie2​ CC is not neutrally structured.

Instead it’s biased towards Adobe.

I posted a question recently asking why the plans are not more flexible.

Stay with your standalone version if you can.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, thejeta1​, are you going to jump into every thread with your very biased opinions? Because there are many people who think Lightroom Classic (plus PHotoshop) is a very good deal via the subscription.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t do it

And if you are referring to my Post#10, trying to help download v5.7.1, then get your facts correct-

Lightroom_5_CCM_LS11.dmg  is for 'Standalone' v5.  Nothing to do with Creative Cloud or subscription plans.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Relax my friend. I was offering the person  some warning in case they‘re unable to update the standalone version and have to consider CC.

Haters be haters

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like your post dj, I just prefer to refer to the Adobe Photography Plan as Photoshop CC (plus Lightroom Classic and Lightroom (Cloud)).

Lightroom is virtually a gift since Photoshop already has Adobe Camera Raw Plugin which also provides all the features the Develop Module of Lightroom Classic.

Photoshop alone is good value for the $9.99 per month. The stand alone version of earlier versions of Photoshop was $600 +.

I do not believe Photoshop is even available at that price via the Creative Cloud.

Regards, Denis: System iMac mid-2015, 5K 27” monitor, macOS10.15.5: Lightroom Classic 9.3, Lightroom (cloud-based) 3.3, Photoshop, Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure that Lightroom_5_CCM_LS11.dmg is the standalone installer? Because there is also a  Lightroom_5_LS11.dmg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the version I received from Adobe (Lightroom_5_CCM_LS11.dmg) ​can be installed, but I does not accept the perpetual/standalone license key.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quickie2  wrote

So the version I received from Adobe (Lightroom_5_CCM_LS11.dmg) can be installed, but I does not accept the perpetual/standalone license key.

IIRC it was about v5.7 that Adobe allowed Lightroom to be installed as Perpetual or Creative Cloud depending on how it was installed and registered.

I sympathize that Adobe Chat are making it difficult for you. Persevere with Chat, or it might be time to 'give up' and think of alternatives.

The license v5 key may also be requiring a key from a previous version (4,3,2,1) if you purchased v5 as an upgrade.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be right, however I could not find any documentation how to change the default installation behaviour (requiring AAM) so it is installed as standalone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have license for the perpetual (non CC) version of LR5. However I can't get the correct installation file from adobe through the chat.

The filename that is referred to in "my orders" is Lightroom_5_LS11_mac_5_7_1.dmg

The file I received from adobe is Lightroom_5_CCM_LS11.dmg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quickie2  wrote

I have license for the perpetual (non CC) version of LR5. However I can't get the correct installation file from adobe through the chat.

The filename that is referred to in "my orders" is Lightroom_5_LS11_mac_5_7_1.dmg

The file I received from adobe is Lightroom_5_CCM_LS11.dmg

And what happens if you install it? Do you get LR 5.7.1?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am aware that Lightroom v6.14 can be downloaded from a link where it is (simply) called v6.

ie. Adobe only provide the 'last' version in the link even though the name does not suggest that.

It is very likely that Lightroom_5_CCM_LS11.dmg is in fact the 'last' version- ie. v5.7.1

You could confirm this by installing the file you received and checking 'System Info...'

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The support people on the chat are completely clueless, Lightroom_5_CCM_LS11.dmg is NOT the installer for the standalone version of Lightroom 5. Unfortunately I had misplaced my installer (could of sworn I had it saved) as I need to get Lightroom on an older laptop...went round and round with the "support" who didn't understand the differences and swore that the CCM one was the perpetual version, but sure enough, the application demanded Adobe Application Manager - even after installing that the application said I did not have an active subscription.

Lightroom_5_LS11_mac_5_7.1.dmg *IS* the correct installer for the perpetual license version. Unfortunately I had to go a more underhanded way to get my hand on a 5.6 installer (close enough) just to use my own paid software, and surprise surprise, no AAM needed, simply asked for my serial upon launch and I'm up and running again.

What's even sillier is that I checked Adobe's FTP server figuring that maybe they moved the file and forgot to update the path on the web...you can still download installers for Lightroom 3 and earlier, it was only 4 and 5 that was removed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines