• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where to ask this ??? [Adobe Portfolio project]

Participant ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there guys, so i have a question about what type of software to use, on a project that i want to try and make. The project is basicaly my website portfolio, i dont have one and think i should have one, i dont realy know much about website making so i would be using the platform of adobe porfolio that make the website for me i only need the to do the visual aspect of it, and thats more my area.

So i came up with the idea of having on the home page a sort of interactive animation or video thats the thing dont realy know if it will be possible to do. The idea is basicaly as soon as the page loads ... a sort of loading screen apear on a black with a incandescent white jumping arround on a cool patern to be determined, after it would some crazy looking beast with tones of blue and white on a black background having also some of its head forms to give more impact, then a subltle text cloud ither above or on the sides of it with some text has if the beast is talking to the visitor, and at the end of it all cliking ither a button or the nose of said beast to realy start exploring the site. I dont realy know if i should call this idea a interective animation or half video half animation, cuz honestly i have some crazy ideas but i dont have any kind of a clue on how capitalize on them so im kinda asking if someone can help me sort what kind of software to use.

regards ASilva

PS: Please let me know if im asking this on the wrong place, thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are basically in a Black Hole.

Although Adobe runs the Portfolio system they do not have a forum on this support system that covers it.

Here is a google search for Portfolio help.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk01Vv6dw-AFOB87TGULz4hXWTpzMOA%3A1593271006605&ei=3mL3XumkJN...

Although the name of this forum is Community Help, suggesting it is for the Adobe Community of Users, it is for getting help using this forum system. So there is no other forum on this system to move you post to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually there was a recent post on where Portfolio questions should be asked, placed. It is the Creative Cloud Services forum. I am moving your post to that forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for moving my post to the correct place, though, my question was not about the portfolio so to speak, but a question about what software to use to create what i want to place on the portfolio.

Im sory if i was not clear enough but i could not express myself better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to move the complete conversation over to the Photoshop forum. I'm not sure that is the correct place for it but it will probably be better than this forum.

Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks hope someone will be able to help me on this 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would something like PhotoShelter be worth looking at https://www.photoshelter.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats a paid service that at the moment i cant do, it would be cool on the future though to store and share my images, i used to have all my works on Photobucket, but then they started asking for absurd amounts of money for my free account i just saved everything and deleted the account.

Anyway ... the hole point of this post was just me trying to find what kind of software to use or if was possible at all to create what i described on the 1st post.

Thanks anyways though 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well without a clear picture of what you want to do it is hard to suggest software to do it.

Do you want to create your own website?

Do you have a web hosting company/site in mind that you would use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tought i had explain all that on my 1st post, does anyone read it at all ??

I clearly stated that i was planing on using adobe portfolion, since i dont understand squat of making a website, my area is more visual image/video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there are templates in the portfolio interface for doing what you want.

I personally have never used the Adobe portfolio option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've never used Adobe Portfolio or you wouldn't be asking these questions.   Don't over think it.  Portfolio is a basic, point & click site builder.  Nothing more.  No coding skills or web know-how required.  But there are limits to what you can do with it.

1. Pick a Theme. Currently, Adobe offers 12 Themes to choose from.

https://portfolio.adobe.com/themes

2. Hit the + button to add a project page.

3. Upload some images or videos.  Add some text for search engines to grab onto.

4. Upload a cover image.

5. Repeat step 2 - 4 as many times as needed.

6. Publish your site.

That's all there is to it. 

You may embed widgets and media from select 3rd party sites that use an <iframe>.  See list below.

Adobe XD, Adobe Spark, Adobe Voice, Amazon Widget, Appointy, Artstation, Bandcamp, Cincopa, Codepen, Creddle, Dailymotion, Dartfish, Eko, Facebook video posts, Flixel, Flowvella, Genial.ly, Gfycat, Giphy, Google Maps, Google VR, Imgur, Interlude, Itch.io, InVision App, Issuu, JotForm, Knightlab, Kuula 360, Mailjet, Marvel, Matterport, Mixcloud, Prezi, ProttApp, Scribd, Shapeways, Sketchfab, Sirv.com, SlideShare, SoundCloud, Soundgine, Spotify, Tableau, Twitch, Twitframe, Verold, Vimeo, Vizor, Wirewax, Wufoo, Youtube, Juxtapose.

https://help.behance.net/hc/en-us/articles/204484594-Guide-Embedding-Media

Related links:

Post back if you still have questions. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you examine this example site built with Portfolio, The masthead contains 2 looped, animated GIFs.  I think that's close to what you want.

https://goodog.tv/

Use Illustrator to create your vector artwork and After Effects to animate and export to animated GIF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See Rick_Gerard's correct answer below.  His recommendations are spot on.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/hello-i-am-trying-to-export-gif-from-after-effects-with...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines