• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are my checkered layer masks in photoshop transparent?

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am making a luminosity mask and whenever I have my selection and make a checkered layer that layer is semi- transparent and will lead to the whole picture changing when Im just trying to change my selection. I have my foreground black at 0,0,0 and i'm using photoshop cc 2019.

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

it would be nice to see a screenshot of what you are describing, can you please send some? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin,

I agree with Flora that it would be helpful to have more details and possibly a screen shots to better understand. Based on the information provided, it sounds like an issue with the selection. The selection may be to broad of a selection selecting more than what you want and this may not be evident on the screen. Did you get a warning like "Warning: No pixels are more than 50% selected. The selection edge will not be visible."? Do you see the marching ants around the areas you are trying to adjust? We really need more details about your workflow to offer advice.  If the layer from which you created the selection has transparent pixels or a low opacity this could be an explanation. If you create a mask from the selection it'll be easier to see how it is affecting the whole image.

Please get back with more details if you need recommendations.

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines