• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I download my CC apps? My primary drive is full, but I set a custom install location.

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to dwonload photoshop +premiere pro onto my pc. My SSD is currently full, so I changed my PC settings to where all downloads will automatically go on my hard drive, which is completely empty. I've downloaded other things to my hard drive, so I know it woks, but whenever I attempt to download either app it tells me I have insufficient disk space. I set it to be where the creative cloud says it's downloading tothe hard drive too, yet I think it's downloading to the SSD still.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Jacob, I am sorry, but the download and install process uses the drive/partition that contains the operating system.  Please free up additional space on the primary drive and try again.  

As a rule of thumb, you should always have at least twice as much free space, on the drive that contains the operating system, as the amount of RAM installed on the computer.  You may need to upgrade or repartition your storage devices if this is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, I am sorry, but the download and install process uses the drive/partition that contains the operating system.  Please free up additional space on the primary drive and try again.  

As a rule of thumb, you should always have at least twice as much free space, on the drive that contains the operating system, as the amount of RAM installed on the computer.  You may need to upgrade or repartition your storage devices if this is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see. Thanks Jeff! I'll go remove some stuff and download it onto the SSD.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, Jacob!   Drive space management is something we all struggle with. Have a great rest of your Wednesday!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines