Highlighted

why can't I log out of my creative cloud desktop app?

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's signed in under someone else e-mail address, and I can't seem to log out. I'm trying to download Premiere Pro and the adobe site which I'm logged into, under my proper e-mail address launches the desktop app to download premiere. But I can't do anything because it wants me to enter a verification code sent to the e-mail address currently logged in.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kglad | Adobe Community Professional

Delete the entire contents of the OOBE folder:

1) Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app from the 3 dots in the upper-right corner.

2) Browse to the following location based on your operating system.

A) Mac OS: /Users/<user folder>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

Note: The \Users\<user folder>\Library\ is hidden by default after 10.7. google enable access to hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later for instructions on accessing it or check https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unknown-server-error-launching-cc.html.

B) Windows: C:\Users\<user folder>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

Note: The AppData is hidden with Windows default settings. google Show hidden files, folders, filename extensions | Windows for instructions to show it or check https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unknown-server-error-launching-cc.html.

3)  restart the cc desktop app and sign in

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

why can't I log out of my creative cloud desktop app?

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's signed in under someone else e-mail address, and I can't seem to log out. I'm trying to download Premiere Pro and the adobe site which I'm logged into, under my proper e-mail address launches the desktop app to download premiere. But I can't do anything because it wants me to enter a verification code sent to the e-mail address currently logged in.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kglad | Adobe Community Professional

1) Quit the Creative Cloud desktop app from the 3 dots in the upper-right corner.

Note: The \Users\<user folder>\Library\ is hidden by default after 10.7. google enable access to hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later for instructions on accessing it or check https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unknown-server-error-launching-cc.html.

Note: The AppData is hidden with Windows default settings. google Show hidden files, folders, filename extensions | Windows for instructions to show it or check https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unknown-server-error-launching-cc.html.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 19, 2019 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2019 3
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You.

Itb has worked 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 17, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

(p.s when using the adobe forums, please mark helpful/correct responses, if there are any.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2019 1
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is worth noting before you go through all the hassle, that you cannot sign out while you have applications updating.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is also worth noting that in MacOS High Sierra, you cannot sign out of Adobe Creative Cloud 2020 without restarting the computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 12, 2020 0