Highlighted

Why did CCXProcess suddenly appear in my apps?

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Someone posted this same question a month ago, but no proper explanation was given.

I've had installed Adobe cc 2018 for a while now. And just today I noticed "ccxprocess" app appeared on my Mac's Launchpad (the last icon on the below screenshot).

Capture d’écran 2018-05-25 à 17.31.30.png

It wasn't there before, just appeared sometime in the last few days. I ran a virus scan using Bitdefender, nothing showed up. I tried deleting it using CleanMyMac 3, but it says the program needs to be closed in order to be deleted. I have no way of closing it.

Why did it just appear? What's it for? Is it some sort of virus?

Does anyone have any insight into this very strange and scary phenomenon?

See original discussion here.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why did CCXProcess suddenly appear in my apps?

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Someone posted this same question a month ago, but no proper explanation was given.

I've had installed Adobe cc 2018 for a while now. And just today I noticed "ccxprocess" app appeared on my Mac's Launchpad (the last icon on the below screenshot).

Capture d’écran 2018-05-25 à 17.31.30.png

It wasn't there before, just appeared sometime in the last few days. I ran a virus scan using Bitdefender, nothing showed up. I tried deleting it using CleanMyMac 3, but it says the program needs to be closed in order to be deleted. I have no way of closing it.

Why did it just appear? What's it for? Is it some sort of virus?

Does anyone have any insight into this very strange and scary phenomenon?

See original discussion here.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 25, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way to close and delete CCXProcess.

I followed the instructions found on this site to close the program, then deleted it using CleanMyMac 3.

Still would REALLY like knowing WHAT it was and HOW it got in my apps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe to get some information about the tons of processes Adobe installs and runs on my computer without any prior warning or request for permission.

Got a reply: "This is a great question that is best suited for our forums..." the rest was zero informative. So I did not get any wiser than before I got a vague impression CCXProcess may have something to do with CC file syncing.

It really would be basic customer service to give us more information what all these processes are.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input Rocketbottle.

I couldn't agree more, it "really would be basic customer service to give us more information what all these processes are"...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once before I had similar a response from support.  The problem I was having persisted for over 12 months and after searching everywhere i knew of, to find an answer I could find nothing to help, only other people how had the same issue. 

In desperation I emailed Adobe support again only to be told Adobe did not want to advise the reasons behind the issue because it could impact Adobe's stock price.  In addition they still did not have any idea when the fix would become available. 

I finally wrote an e-mail to support and Adobe senior executives and threatned to write directly to the Stock exchange with copies of the emails I had exchanged with Adobe over the 12 month period. 

Within 4 hours I had a CC update and the issue was solved.

Adobe, there appears to be an issue that people need a response to, so, get of your collective backsides and address the issue.  There are over 4,000 people who have viewed this and related threads inside 24 hours!

1. Advise customers if they can safetly delete the offending program.
2. Advise them how to effectively delete the program and associated files and or folders.
3. Stop distributing this update until it has been fixed
4. Fix the offending program
5. Advise customers the problem is fixed and how to fix their systems.

Tom

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2018 5
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Podrías darme los correos electrónicos de estas personas? Tengo el mismo problema y no se que hacer.

Alexander

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said Tom!     

Hopefully someone from Adobe will get the message and fix this issue, soon!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MissCatherine​  It's not a virus and is completely harmless.

It's part of Adobe Creative Cloud and it's purpose is to allow the user to move seamlessly between Adobe CC apps. It's actually pretty handy if you use Adobe CC a lot and often need to move between apps.

There's really no need to worry about it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2019 0
Leepar LATEST
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow that answer was as unsatisfying and uninfomative as it gets! I have never had an issue in more than quarter of a century with "seamlessly moving between adobe CC apps". There has never been a "seam"!!!! What a load of poppycock. Now rather than be reassured that its nothing to be worried about, I feel the need to remove it immediately and report this comment as malware frendly. I require for the money I spend, a much more plausable and sensible explanation. Also why is it in utilities instead of with CC Apps? Dodgy as adobe! Such time wasters!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 24, 2020 0