• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do Adobe's products get worse every new version or update?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to say, i hold myself partly to blame at my frustration with Adobe, I should have cancelled my subscription and moved to Affinity but unfortunately i was somewhat consumed by a project, and dependent on more than one machine in more than one location.

I don't think it's just me who finds that Adobe have decided that, since we are now stuck with cloud, they do not have to fully develop their applications, as they can forward updates. This is such a ridiculous situation, I have been using adobe products for about 28 years, and for the last 5 or 6 they have been getting worse and worse, 2019 is probably the worst yet, apart from obvious mistakes, like deciding to change the basic methods for moving or scaling objects, something that has been established for 25 years+, and for no apparently good reason, (I will focus on the move/bounding box and centre point in Illustrator later) They have also managed to create the added feature that you have to restart your app if you are using a brush of any discription and find yourself interrupted by n email, on return, i consistantly find that my brush has stopped working, originally a quick save or swap of documents would revive it, but now... nothinng, just a piece of absolutely crap software that we are forced to pay for monthly with no way out of a disgusting capitalist trap...

I am totally gutted that i have been forced to renew my subscription and will use this year to familia`rise myself with Affinity software, because I AM SOOOO DISGUSTED AT ADOBE.

I Could continue on photoshop for longer, but I also want to discuss Illustrator, an application i have been using since Illustrator 88. The new methods of manipulating simple obljects has become a game of shooting ducks with a bent rifle.

[removed double post ussnorway]

If these were newly developed applications i would be completely prepared to accept teething problems, but we are talking about software that has become such an industry standard it is almost a monoply. And this is where the problem lies, adobe do have a vast share on the dtp/design/editing software market, this control means that they have less and less interest in the realities for customers, they get to force everyone to accept cloud, by withdrawing the option of buying the applications you actually need and instead price their products so, you are offered 80% of the applications you will never use, while making the three apps you would use be more expencsive than taking the full set.

I am not speaking as a novice designer, in fact I'm sure if i was a novice i would just imagine that over time Adobe will improve their products, but as a designer and illustrator with 30 years experience, mostly involving computers, though Adobe's dysfunctionality has been leading me to work more and more without the computer, what i can inform the novice designer is that Adobe Illustrator CS6 was their most reliable and functional version, yes they have added a few nice features in later versions, but at the complete sacrifce of some of the most basic and simple operations.

I really cannot get my head around how they have decided to make the bounding box work with the regular and single select cursors. I can spend 10-20 attempts to pick up a smallish object to move it fractionally, because each time i get near the point i want to pick the object up with, Illustrator will suddenly decide that i want to rotate the boject... it's BLEEP, I am happy to point anyone at y website so you can see the kind of work i do, I am not a botch artist, in fact i involve myself with details most people would never even notice [[link removed by moderator] for anyone interested).

I have better things to do than continue writing this for now, but i will be investing, (I get to keep it!) copies of the Affinty desktop software, and i will share my experiences.@ !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Ranting here is fine, but does not tell Adobe that you are unhappy

Use the links below to make a report or request

-for Video & Audio & Animator programs https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/

-https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

-or Feedback forum https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/desktop-app/content

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good luck to you mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ranting here is fine, but does not tell Adobe that you are unhappy

Use the links below to make a report or request

-for Video & Audio & Animator programs https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/

-https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

-or Feedback forum https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/desktop-app/content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it a ridiculous situation to be explaining to adobe that they are breaking their own software. I accept that they have been simplifying stuff for the average user who can't use two hands, or doesn't want to remember shortcuts, but the major faults with the applications are issues with components that previously worked smoothly and accurately.

I have no real interest in making suggestions to Adobe as I have no confidence in them as a company.

I have worked for the best part of 30 years for the highest regarded ad agencies in the UK (i have judged at the D&AD awards and been involved and worked on many award winning ads), DDB and AMV BBDO to name a couple, and I have watched adobe become a big ugly monopolising corporate monster software giant and it's clearly only about the money, if i make suggestions, they might improve the product but they are suggestions that a company like Adobe cannot possibly have not considered and they pay a great deal of developers.

Adobe are the Starbucks of Silicon valley, someone has a successful coffee shop in a popular street and in come the mega-corps to try shut them out of their own market. Adobe bought Aldus for the Pagemaker product, which they needed to take Quark out of the equation (Quark had been purchased by a property developer thinking it would just print him money, but in his determination to protect a profuct that had been launched and become the leading publishing program because they willfully encouraged piracy to spread the product through all the creative industries)

And Adobe have done exactly the same thing, removing the option to purchase a specific version of any of the CC products means the most designers, illustrators and photographers are now forced to pay £50 per month for life, and with the threat of cancelling your contract with Adobe you will discover that they will demand you remove all software and that you will no longer have access to any Adobe "community facilites" such as Behance, and you can no longer use Acrobat. None of this points in anyway toward their care for the customers, so, not only is this a rant, it's possibly a life lesson for those who find themselves believing that these companies are interested in their end user.

Adobe's business strategy has already killed Quark, Quantel Paintbox, Aldus, and other competitors, the one shining light is the 3D community and the new products and backend work they are doing, Adobe, as with many of their products are years behind now, but like Donald Trump, they keep telling you they are the only choice for professionals, but real designers and artists don't stand still, they look in new directions and products like Blender demonstrate how much young creative minds are capable of before they learn about greed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally understand your frustrations with Adobe. I've been using some of their applications for 30 years and I am in full agreement that the applications, along with their support, have become poorer and poorer.

If you can provide specifics (Case numbers, etc.), please post them in a forum thread I created in hopes of having Adobe see the negative experiences of their customers:

https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.adobe.com%2Ft5%2Fthe-lounge%2Fstand-up-to-adobe-their-poor-support-and-their...

As mentioned, if you have case numbers, please include them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dingush,

Speaking as a user, I'm not having a negative experience with updates - but I totally understand how frustrating that would be. If you are posting this just in order to vent, I get it (been there, done that). If you would like to address these issues, John is right - you can make a report or a request. In Illustrator (and other apps), choose Help > Submit Bug/Feature Request ... - this will bring you to the User Voice page where you can  submit requests, see what others have requested, AND vote on other user requests.

I'm sorry for the trouble you've had. We do care what you think and we definitely want your experience with the tools to be good. Updating software is about a lot of things, including modernizing for new hardware and operating systems etc. Ideally feature refinements help you to do more and do it more efficiently - but if that's not the case, we want to know. I wish we could fix things instantly, but even if it's not instant, please don't ever doubt that your experience is the ultimate guide for our development.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I share your stated frustrations, and more. Every day I wonder why they update software in order to make it worse. At first I thought I may just be experiencing age-related grumpiness LOL as I don't hear about a lot of people younger than 35-40 with the same concerns. But I think it actually has more to do with the current fashionable generation of users being taught as a whole to celebrate mediocrity as opposed to demanding expensive software be a quality product and helpful tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to agree. They really seem to be strugging to get new versions out for their annual release cycle. They seem to think we want new versions every year... no! I want stablity and a finished product.  As soon as a viable alternative to After Effects comes along I'm jumping. The whole CC model is absurd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with you.  Not a week goes by that I don't have to reinstall one of the three Apps i use (ID, PS, ILL…) and i've noticed that it's since the CCX Process appears. I lost a few works having to restart my computer and resintall the app !! Bummer !! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As another decades-long Adobe product user, allow me to also to join the "rant." I concur that the value of the products has wavered and that, as a independent designer, I don't feel I'm getting a good deal in the subscription service. I'm old enough to remember the switch from permanent licensing to Creative Cloud, realizing then as I do now this 'creative tax' keeps getting higher. Although I have appreciated updates and improvements, in recent years the costs compared to value return have escalated to the point that I am seeking alternatives. As with other tech monopolies holding the industry flagship products, the company has us between a rock and a hard place, and they know it. Unlike some of their peers (e.g., Autodesk), I haven't seen them implement tiered indie pricing.

But I believe where there is a demand people will eventually find solutions. I've already dumped my Mac for most production, which I never expected to do, so Adobe might be next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does this answer have a green tick and correct answer, i totally disagree, I pay £50 per month for an totally sub-standard service that I do not believe I should volunterily help. 

This is now the world of the bot and seeing this has confirmed that i will be cancelling my Adobe Cloud membership on it;s next renewal. Now we are upgraded automatically, basic controls are fundamentally useless and we suddenly have access to a vast array of software we don't want.

[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same thing happens to me, im a graphic designer and all my work depends 100% on adobe cc. I've been using phsh since V.4 and never had a problem. Since CC suit everything is just caos and crossing fingers every deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines