• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I have to buy a monthly subscription if I purchased the software? I only need to PDF document

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a few years ago the Adobe Photoshop Elements 9.  I thought I was going to spend more time editing my pictures but I never did.  Last year or so, an Adobe rep helped me to create a pdf file, but in doing so she asked me to uninstall the version in my computer and then she asked me to install a new version from Adobe which indicated free trial.  I then got a message last month that the use terms were changing and it was going to be cancelled.  I thought I could install my own program, but it is now allowing me now.  It keeps asking me to buy a monthly subscription.  I only want to change the document I have into a pdf file so that I can send it to everyone in my family.  I rarely use the program, so why do I need to buy a subscription when I paid several hundred dollars for the program itself.  Could you helop me please_

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not understanding how Photoshop Elements, a picture editor, relates to creating a PDF

Are you saying you had a picture and you did a "save as" and a PDF was an option?

As far as reinstalling PE9 you MAY first need to remove whatever you were told to install

-https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html to remove programs

Once your computer drive is 'fresh' and ready, do your install

HOWEVER... what is your operating system and version? It may be that your very old PE9 isn't compatible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines