• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does the Creative Cloud app start every time I boot my Mac?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all the options for automatiocally starting the Creative Cloud app switched OFF.

The Creative Cloud app is NOT in my Startup Items folder.

Syncing is OFF because I do not use Cloud storage with Adobe apps.

So why does it start every time I boot my iMac (running Catalina)?

It's driving me mad.

Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 08.13.10.pngScreenshot 2020-08-08 at 08.11.08.pngScreenshot 2020-08-08 at 08.10.43.pngScreenshot 2020-08-08 at 08.10.10.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So people don't have to download the image you have attached to your post please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.

2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the slapped wrist. The screen shots merely show what I have stated in the text.

From the lack of replies are you telling me that at Adobe, one of the world's foremost tech companies, there is not a single person that can help me with this weird issue with the company's own software? Not one??

Given the amount of money I hand over every month, I find that incredibly disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Startup items isn't a place for you to control everything that starts. It's for you to add and manage extra apps. There are various ways in which an app or process can be started at boot or login time, and you aren't expected to mess with this, because developers don't test a random mix of stuff running. Bottom line, Adobe intended the CC app to start every time, and do not give any supported way for you to stop this. If you mess with it you may break it (but you're free to try if you know what you're doing!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS if you look into it you will see that CC starts a good dozen different things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines