Highlighted

Why from scanner to Adobe? Why not , as before, to any Microsoft file?

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have 2 simple questions but awfully puzzled to me:

I've always had my scanning pages go directly to jepg or similar others in my email, but this time suddenly it goes directly from scanning to the Adobe attachment, why???

Then, when I try to save it into a jepg....there's no jepg or similar in the lower window, the one below where one types the saving name.  There are only 2 options and neither works for me.

Will appreciate enormously for a little help?  Thank you!   🙂    Adela

Topics

New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why from scanner to Adobe? Why not , as before, to any Microsoft file?

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have 2 simple questions but awfully puzzled to me:

I've always had my scanning pages go directly to jepg or similar others in my email, but this time suddenly it goes directly from scanning to the Adobe attachment, why???

Then, when I try to save it into a jepg....there's no jepg or similar in the lower window, the one below where one types the saving name.  There are only 2 options and neither works for me.

Will appreciate enormously for a little help?  Thank you!   🙂    Adela

Topics

New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What app are you using to scan, and did you change app? Scanning isn't a single thing, it's about running an app (there are THOUSANDS of them) and each one does things differently.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tank you test_screen, I use the Brother printer-scanner but I don't know what other software it uses (good question) it's a wireless machine although I keep it plugged into the wall.  How can I find out what other apps it uses?  I only changed the MS Outlook email from 2010 to 2016, but could this be making a change in the way my scanned papers arrive on the email?  Should I ask Brother what app they use or make me use?  Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, so when you scan you get an email? This means the app is running, perhaps inside the scanner, converting and sending an email. You need to find how to change the settings for your scanner/scanner app; not an Adobe issue... it's just making a PDF file, which is widely used by many apps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, when i scan I have to tap to get to email - you go  >scan  >PC  >email, which I wanted.  (I'm so surprised that this site lets me answer some people BUT not others.  So I hope I can continue to answer to all of you kind souls trying to help me).  Yes, I love the PDF (though I get the same with Word) but not happy when it comes as attachment and I can't manage the picture which comes surrounded with Adobe icons whichh I can't clean up except having to go crop it.  Someone asked me for a screenshot, so if I'm lucky to be allowed to answer the other person AND send the screenshot you will see it too.  However, following your train of thought, I'll call Brother Printers about this problem.  Thanks so much test_.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "Adobe Attachment"?

Show us a screen shot of the save window that you say doesn't have an option to save as a JPG.

What Adobe program opens with this Attachment process.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you, when I scan something it lands on my email in the form of attachment as you see it in the screenshot.  Only it's an Adobe PDF attachment instead of the usual and it's not working for me.  Also sending a screenshot of the saving page showing the  "Save as Type" only as "Adobe Acrobat Document" and the other only option is "All Files" (which didn't keep opened wnen I used the Snipping Tool).  I hope you can tell what's what?  I'm so ignorant about computer tech, that's why i ttook me so long to make the screenshots and other things,  lol.  Plus, it took me a fe wmore hours trying to post here as it showed that fire red error message which blocked my answering.

Can you tell from the screenshots which adobe program opens my attachment here?  Thank you once more for trying to help me with such poor help on my part....  🙂    Oh no, how miserable I feel, neither of the 2 screenshots got transferred.  I also tried dragging them and didn't work.  I'd like to know why.  It seems each time I try something it doesn't work.  If you have an idea how else to send these to you please tell me?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you are actually using an Adobe program to do the scanning, this is a question for the scanner company... or Microsoft

I have a Canon MX 922 multi-function printer and I use the Windows Fax and Scan program that comes with Win10

When you do a scan look at the open scanning program to see what you are using

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adela1 LATEST
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you John, yes, since I don't use an Adobe program i will ask the printer-scanner co. first thing tomorrow.  This was also suggested by Test_Screen_Name.  I too have a Win10 and was doing ok before this adobe thing happened.  But, could you explain a little more about your sentence here:

When you do a scan look at the open scanning program to see what you are using

Where should I look to see what they use?  You mean what the scanning Brother Co. uses?  Should I ask them or can I see it somewhere in the machine?  This is a printer though with a scanning.  Please let me know how to do it.  Thanks again.

P.S.  Would you happen to know why I haven't been able to upload my screenshots here?  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please someone help!  I was able to respond to 2 people who helped with my problem, but now there are more kind who wrote to help me BUT....this system doesn't let me answer.  The error message says:  "Authentication Failed.  Authentication Ticket Mismatched, failed authentication."  Yet twice I was able to respond but it just won’t let me any  more AND there’s no other way for me to correct this glitch.  Tried Chat but after waiting for 55 minutes for a response, I quit.  I tried reaching those kind members who responded to me through my email which, said somewhere in Adobe’s “”You can reply by email but with plain font” which I did but….it bounced!   The phone is impossible so there’s no way.   I spent many many hours today trying to resolve this problem that started with Adobe interfering in my emails uncalled for....  I’ll just have to quit.+  But I wish I knew how to get rid of Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You took too long to write your reply.  The system timed out because somebody  replied while you were typing.  Hit F5 to refresh the page & try again. 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh THANK YOU Nancy for unraveling this mystery to me!  I was wondering what in the world happened.  So maybe you could also decipher the recent mystery of why my screenshots didn't work?  I tried both ways, by "choosing" and by "dragging" and they didn't upload.  If you can think of somegthing I'll appreciate it a lot to know how to do it.  Thanks so much again1    🙂       Adela

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines