• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is the Adobe Creative Cloud Connection speed so SLOW?

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the Adobe Creative Cloud Connection speed so slow? On my relatively fast broadband connection, I can usually download 100mb apps within a matter of minutes.

I have been trying to download 8 adobe apps via the creative cloud installer for nearly a whole day. So far Adobe Fireworks is the only app that is fully downloaded and that took about 7 hours. So at this rate it will probably take ALL WEEK to get through Premiere and After Effects !

This is utterly disgraceful. Please, please sort your servers out, Adobe!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's more than THREE years now since the OP, and the responses I've seen from Adobe here and elsewhere to this issue are at best unhelpful and at worst insulting. It's about network traffic, you need to tweak you router, blah blah - do they think they're dealing with idiots? Adobe's products are used by creative professionals all over the world. We install and update software from various devs every day - do they really think we don't know what a reasonable time is to install and configure an application the size of Photoshop or After Effects?? I recently upgraded to CC from CS - the suite took more than a day to install, on a very fast Mac with a T1 fiber connection. If I can install Microsoft Office in ten minutes - and Microsoft is hardly a pillar of efficiency - it shouldn't take three hours to install Photoshop. Is Adobe being precious, doing umpteem checks on system resources that aren't really necessary? Are they installing more than they appear to be (or than we've asked for)? It appears that all their resources these days go to implementing the new revenue model and its infrastructure - which must be massive indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2015 May 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still appears to be an issue.
How has this not been addressed in over a year?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2015 May 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

at 37% after 24 hours .................................. houston you have a problem..........

I SHOULDVE READ THESE POSTS BEFORE PURCHASING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded CC about 6 months ago with all the main apps, took about 3 hours on a main ethernet connection. I've recently had to download it all again, but this time it's unbelievably painful. I thought it might be my machine getting slow being an early 2011 model, so I upgraded to a faster SSD drive and doubled the RAM. Made no difference to the download speed.
Photoshop took 2.5hrs, Illustrator has taken an hour to get to 16%. Still got Indesign, Dreamweaver, Flash, Bridge, Edge and After Effects to go. It's 15.40pm now and I know if I leave it going overnight it still wouldn't have finished. Just crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can volunteer some information, you will have to decide if it may be helpful.

My computer and ACC (adobe creative cloud and especially the desktop (accd) just got sluggish and quit working a lot. I was losing hard drives connections. I have SSDs. I have a fast everything. I thought Intel RST was the problem or a failing HD and on and on. The thing to share here is this. In the end, Adobe tech help me create a new user in W7 and we un- and re- installed all ACC and ACCD. I think then downloads, launches, everything was "normal" which is reasonably fast - like DWcc might have downloaded in 10 minutes - certainly not hours. But before creating a new user profile on computer -  it (acc) was awful slow. So while user profile might not be the issue - there certainly are other plausible origins for problems like in discussion here - getting a good tech might be the best thing. And consider user profile as possibility too. Though I heard user profile is not all that common. And Adobe servers very possibly are not the problem either.

Me: ACC for about 2 years now, except for the last 6 weeks, but now it all has been wonderfully working.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ibGary wrote:

Adobe tech help me create a new user in W7 and we un- and re- installed all ACC and ACCD. I think then downloads, launches, everything was "normal" which is reasonably fast

this interests me, since i just noticed my network is busy constantly. i'm going to try to determine what's using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have and have always had the exact same problem. Absolutely disgusting customer service from Adobe, still not sorting it out after all this time. It's a cloud based system for god's sake, so why can't you sort out a decent server for your downloads?

I doubt I'll be sticking around as there are plenty of alternatives out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is hopeless, on my mac, nothing happens when update creative cloud. Can't find a fix and adobe are useless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, i've seen this solution posted a couple of times saying it worked, so I tried it and it worked for me too. Here it is:

Disable your router's firewall temporarily, download, then turn it back on.

Bummer of a solution since I'm sure many are in companies that have an IT person that might balk at the though of turning off security. Earlier there was also listed some ports to unblock, port 80 I believe. Try that if your IT person can't take it down entirely, maybe they can enable access through that.

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ummm, yeah.  Took 2 days to download 51% of PSD.  Still have a few apps to go....

Way to go adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't appear Adobe is concerned about this. I have had this problem but have not been able to find a solution. I have been attempting to download PS and LR for two days. Finally have these installed but the updates will not complete. Short of just not renewing my subscription I have not answer. These are good programs but what a hassle just getting them running and updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been reading all the download horror stories and I really feel for you all.  I'm not so sure why I am not having the same problem....all my down loads are fast...

My problem is that once downloaded they seem to be very sluggish....objects take 3-4 seconds to move when dragged,,

embedded video won't connect to links...Has anyone experienced this?  If so, any suggestions as how to fix?  I have a broadband connection at 60Mbs and speed checks say I'm always near that download speed.  Thanks for any help

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be a computer issue, rather than download speeds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be honest here.
I've used everything from an old paid Photoshop CS2, Elements 6, 7, 9, and 10 all the way through a few hacked versions of Photoshop CS4 and 6 because I was only doing one small project here and there as a half hearted hobby. I recently shot a friend's wedding after doing nothing photography-wise in almost 2 years and decided to give CC a try because for only $10/month an amateur can afford it.

After a week of failed download attempts and now 4 hours into a new download attempt with only 28% of LIGHTROOM downloaded, I'm pretty much planning to download and install cracked versions again because...IT WILL WORK UNLIKE THE PAID PRODUCT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi the-benmiller!

I am considering doing like you suggested, i.e. downloading a cracked version. Did you do it? Did you find a safe link to a cracked version? Because I am afraid of downloading something that will harm my computer. Many thanks if you can help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are utterly useless full stop. From a company admired for making great products they are now revealed as greedy twats, I have used paid photoshop installed from a floppy disk then cd then dvd over twenty years without any issue until I had to move to CC as Adobe realised the end of the product line was neigh and realised the only way to continue a tangible revenue stream was through the cloud blackmailing subscription.

Suffice to say I've had to install CC after installing a clean copy of El Captain and yup you've guessed it, CC apps won't install. Typical tardy crap from a gang of incompetent dick heads, don't these pricks realise their messing with peoples livelihoods?!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to download an update. Big mistake. Slowing my  productivity to a crawl as I can't open any other programs (such as Word) until the damned Acrobat DC is updated. How are we supposed to download updates from CC if it takes so freaking long? It's terrible that Adobe isn't even bothering to look at these threads and address the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I FOUND A FIX!!  My internet service provider was throttling the connection to adobe.  I turned on a VPN that put my IP address at school, and the download speed jumped from 34 kbps to 1,114 kbps.  From 4 hours to 10 minutes.  I would change your location or turn on a VPN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20% after 1 hour WTF THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY

I HATE YOU ADOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2015 Nov 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ladies & Gentleman: Follow this chat transcript that collectively repairs the archaic  and terribly slow CC download/update problem.    If you follow the thread and subsequently follow the final steps, you'll all find the CC update/download FAR--FAR quicker. I got the PS 2015 CC and LR 2015 CC updated in less than 15 minutes...so be patient and follow this thread.

Sravani:

I understand that you are facing issue while updating creative cloud desktop app, is that correct?

9:22:35 AM

yes.

9:22:47 AM

Sravani:

Thank you for confirming.

9:22:47 AM

Sravani:

I'll be glad to assist you on this.

9:22:59 AM

Sravani:

May I know the computer operating system and version?

9:23:36 AM

mac. Os X El Capitan. 10.11.1

9:24:01 AM

Sravani:

Thank you.

9:25:41 AM

Sravani:

May I know if you are getting any error message?

9:26:28 AM

no. no error messages. The update never moves beyond 10% now for more than 36 hours. Unacceptable.

9:27:11 AM

Sravani:

Okay.

9:27:37 AM

Sravani:

Please navigate to activity monitor and quit Adobe processes running in it.

9:27:47 AM

Sravani:

Processes running like Coresync and CEPservice manager, Creative Cloud  , Adobe Desktop service, CClibrary.

9:29:34 AM

done

9:29:40 AM

Sravani:

Okay.

9:29:48 AM

Sravani:

Navigate to MAC HD / Applications / Utilities and delete  Adobe application manager and  Creative Cloud folder.

9:31:25 AM

done

9:32:08 AM

Sravani:

Open a  Finder window. Choose Go > Go To Folder. Type exactly ~/Library and  hit return.(make sure to type ~)

9:32:08 AM

Sravani:

Open Applications Support > Adobe and you will be able to see OOBE folder. Delete OOBE folder.

9:33:47 AM

done

9:34:04 AM

Sravani:

Open a  Finder window. Choose Go > Go To Folder. Type exactly /Library and  hit return.

9:34:32 AM

ok

9:34:44 AM

Sravani:

Open Applications Support > Adobe and you will be able to see OOBE and Adobe Application Manager folder .

9:34:44 AM

Sravani:

Delete OOBE and Adobe Application Manager folder.

9:36:06 AM

I do not find those folders

9:37:12 AM

Sravani:

Lynn, type only /Library in Go > Go To Folder and hit return.

9:37:27 AM

I am in the Library

9:37:37 AM

Sravani:

Open Applications Support > Adobe and you will be able to see OOBE and Adobe Application Manager folder .

9:38:40 AM

I understand, however, those folders are not seen or present

9:39:15 AM

Sravani:

Okay.

9:39:29 AM

Sravani:

9:39:43 AM

Sravani:

Click on the above link and uninstall creative cloud desktop app.

9:41:51 AM

Sravani:

Once you uninstall creative cloud desktop app, use the below link to download and install Creative Cloud app.

9:41:51 AM

Sravani:

First :  https://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app/_jc...

Second:  https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed this step-by-step and it's taking an hour just to download Creative Cloud. Insanity. I just hope that by the time it finally downloads, the updates are faster. I'll keep you posted if it ever gets around to actually downloading!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.... it finally finished installing Creative Cloud, but it didn't improve the speed of installing the app updates by much at all. Before I followed those steps, it took half an hour to get to 7% and now it has taken 10 minutes to get to 38%. I have to leave the place where I am in an hour, so I heavily doubt it'll all get updated by then. I am not able to get internet service at my house, I live waaaay out in the country. The only internet option is $230/month for dial-up speeds via satellite. I'm not going to pay that much, but I do have to drive half an hour to get to another town where there's a Starbucks that has Google WiFi. I can download TV shows and upload YouTube videos fairly quickly here. It's just this Adobe nonsense that is killing me. It's difficult for me to get the opportunity to update my software, so here I am and I still can't do it. This is driving me mad! It's making me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed these steps and downloaded three apps in less then 30 minutes.

Many thanks to gray for publishing the steps. Shame on Adobe for not fixing this such that users would not have to mess around with any steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the sort of stuff that made me stick with CS6. I now have access to CC through my job and I agree that the download times are ridiculous. But why should adobe care? They have no competitor realistically. I can only hope some company sweeps in and does what the did to Quark. Lower prices, stable apps and toy can actually OWN it instead of renting with poor customer service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2016 Jan 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems obvious that Adobe does not care about this issue - they've probably stopped reading this thread. I have a very fast connection to the internet and CC is very, very, slow. So.... it is what it is and it takes as long as it takes 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines