• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is the Adobe Creative Cloud Connection speed so SLOW?

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the Adobe Creative Cloud Connection speed so slow? On my relatively fast broadband connection, I can usually download 100mb apps within a matter of minutes.

I have been trying to download 8 adobe apps via the creative cloud installer for nearly a whole day. So far Adobe Fireworks is the only app that is fully downloaded and that took about 7 hours. So at this rate it will probably take ALL WEEK to get through Premiere and After Effects !

This is utterly disgraceful. Please, please sort your servers out, Adobe!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2014 May 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Ultra slow download speed only explainable from Adobe wanting me to enjoy a day off, going to the beach, or both, while I download... one app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2014 Aug 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second all opinions here.  This is unacceptable.  Especially since this thread has been around for nearly a year and after ample time to fix this issue, I don't even see a single response from Adobe.  I do see responses from Adobe in other similar threads (where the posters have most likely not had more extensive IT experience and aren't as able to state the reasons why this is obviously problem on Adobe's side) basically Adobe's response here is to blame the user and the user's equipment for the slow download speeds, and tell them to keep trying.  This product wasn't created (and sold at a considerable price!!) so only highly experienced IT professionals with super fast networks could use it. Download speeds should at very least be commensurate with other similar services and it is clear they are not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The download times are still a disaster. It is totally unclear why the Creative Cloud is so slow. It's almost unusable. A good idea in theory, but they must be doing something wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am downloading illustrator cc and it has been 9 hours but only 30% done..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can understand my total reluctance to download the CC 2014 updates and just feel like sitting on the CC package as is. Luckily this month I have changed to unlimited internet so I dont have to watch my download limits.

This is still totally frustrating and unaddressed by Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, compared to you I got light speeds on my installations.  Installing Photoshop through Creative Cloud on a user's computer, two and a half hours later I'm at a whopping 70%, yay! And I only have to do this six more times?! Darn, too bad I'm salaried and not hourly, eh?

Seriously though, I'm an IT Professional, a Systems and Network Administrator for a group of environmental monitoring boards, one local and four remote locations to support.  I know how to configure my network for downloads, check my router settings, yada yada yada, so it's annoying to constantly get the "Introduction to the Internet" link from Adobe support whenever I try to raise an issue with these dismal download and installation times.  For years my employers have used mainly Acrobat and InDesign, and also PhotoShop and Dreamweaver to a smaller degree.  This subscription model is just... awful.  There are so many other things I need to do than babysit 5-hour-per-app installations, and this particular user needs two more apps after this one! Gonna be a long day and probably night... needless to say I'm going to suggest reverting to old software or just ditching Adobe, I don't have time for this.

In fact, the time I'm setting up these Apps for users in my networks I've been researching the internet and the forums for possible solutions to the ridiculous wait times, and I have yet to find anything that looks like I'm going to get any relief.  Maybe I'll spend the next five hours teaching the receptionist how to do the company newsletters with Microsoft Publisher instead of InDesign, that might be more productive.  Anyway, sorry for ranting, but it's been building for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is insanely unacceptable. I have a GD resume due for an employer in a couple days. At this rate I can't use IL for another 3 days! I paid for this! Five hours and I'm at 3% for a single application! I would have been better off torrenting the old application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I bit the bullet and did the CS6 to CC upgrade.  Step 1, installing CC failed.  Adobe advised to remove my local CS6 installation and use the Adobe clean up tool.  That seemed to do the trick, and now CC Application manager loads.  However, it took an entire day to load Photoshop using our corporate T1 connection.  I still have about four more apps to load.  At this rate I'll be back up and running in about a week!  Disgraceful - I can't believe it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very disappointed in Adobe. I've been trying to download Illustrator for the past few days and I've gotten up to 35%. I'm a graphic design student and I've been using adobe programs for two years on the campus computers. Now that I finally have my own Mac I was surprised to find that download speeds are embarrassingly slow. I paid for these programs and I do not have the money to throw around to have such terrible service. Adobe you need to fix something because there is obviously something wrong on your end. I don't think I'm the only one who agrees with me. And it is very disappointing that this forum has been up for about a year already and nothing is being done about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't connect to Creative Cloud

Seems like it's all day every day, so annoying I pay money for frustrations.

bone.haus is my website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nov 25th 2014 and still no change in the Adobe slowness. on the third night of all night downloads to get CC.

poor

Pinzee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure you have already, but have you tried playing with your router as per my post (roughly the seventh post)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who is the fat cat sitting on his ass that doing absolutely zero about this?  Who?

Is it....

David Wadhwani, SVP and general manager of Adobe’s digital media division?

David, how in the hell can you justify your bloated salary by selling this broken-down CC piece of junk?

Sorry to be rude, dude, but this is way overdue.  You've blown us off for at least a year-plus.

You know I'm right.

You are tooting your horn in magazine articles about what a smashing success CC is, and it's a joke - and you know it.

Get off your high horse and do your job.

I don't like to be rude, David, but very obviously no other approach is working. 

Get going.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2014 Nov 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soooo slow. Going to bed - hoping it's done when I wake up. Deadline. Argh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2014 Dec 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20% of Illustrator downloaded in over an hour - what a total joke! I downloaded the 30GB Dragon Age Inq in around 3 hours so clearly it is a server issue. The fact that this thread is over a year old attests to the fact that Adobe do not give a rat's a$$ and are willing to take money but not upgrade server infrastructure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2015 Jan 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been trying to download the Illustrator trial since yesterday, left it overnight last night and it did 11%!!! This is ridiculous, how on earth should we be expected to pay for a service thats unobtainable.

Will stick with CS6 thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2015 Jan 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m pretty sure it is a server problem, yesterday at midnight i managed to install illustrator, photoshop, acrobat pro and muse in less than 1 hour. I had to run a clean install of win this morning and install everything again and now it has taken one hour to make it to 28% of illustrator only...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2015 Feb 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I was watching the 0% for 30 minutes. Turned Windows Firewall off and it magically started downloading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2015 Mar 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not working corretly and it seams that Adobe will not help - They must stop using the download service, they are using at the moment... we will cancel our monthly  subscription immediately and get a refund from our credit card provider - The is not a good service - Get it fixed not Adobe.... Took me one whole day to install Flash......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this very moment I am having issues downloading the Application Manager (25.8MB) Note I also included a screenshot of two downloads happening simultaneously.

The ADOBE download is taking 11min for 25MB files

The OnOne download a 550MB file is only taking two minutes!!!

It is clearly adobe servers, and I am on a 100MB connection at a University (SacState)

Screen Shot 2015-03-19 at 12.15.36 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, and I doubt I will recommend it to anyone!  How can 2 years go by without Adobe addressing this Post?

..  Is anyone reading these?    My user had to take the day off so I could get the product downloaded !    I'm at 10% after  1 hour !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 hours of downloading Premiere Pro CC and I am still at 20%. Adobe makes great products or at least used to but the customer experience is totally screwed up.

Earlier this year I had ordered a subscription of Acrobat DC Pro which was never delivered due to my account was open when I was student in the US and now ordered DC from Malaysia. It took me 3 months to get this issue settled through Adobe's incapable India-outsourced customer team.

Now, downloading is painfully slow. Even open source software are well mirrored for downloads.

I hope Adobe will one day will be on a HBR case study on customer service failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2016 Mar 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no expert but if I wrote Console message based "fan" fiction the Apple OS wizard and the Adobe install wizard would be having a huge battle of snit fits. It's error message after error message, a rap battle of error messages, then OS finally lets ADOBE install anyway so they can both stay in business, but only after they've all said their piece. Their fights are accomplishing nothing but taking up time.

I'm a rogue, amateur hack along cassidy but I opened up Port 80 on my router as a TCP/UDP pointed at the computer I'm installing on and Creative Cloud got a lot quicker at downloading. (it's closed now, so don't even try it, Magic Terry)

Console, as always, shows that every program, service, & connection involved is being a huge drama queen about every step of the process, and console joins the heightened excitment proclaiming each of these errors as fatal, failures, destroyed, dequeued, and otherwise not supported as they fly by and things manage to work anyway. Get a grip, console, the OS and Adobe are playing you like you're a basketball ref. They're both just complainers. Half the problems I used to have are solved by just waiting for them to resolve whatever the current drama is.

My key PROGs are installed with a flurry of screeching from all of us, and I'm getting back to work. Thought I'd weigh in that on a fresh install of El Cap download speeds varied widely based on settings, and while my router seemed to play a role, the apple OS complained of many errors. Fresh El Cap + Fresh install of Adobe products = pissy fight.

Suffice to say, when something like this is happening and you ask WTH and they won't tell you the one thing you can be sure of is there's something they're not telling you.

You're not fooling anyone everyone Adobe. If this is the pissing match with Apple that is seems to be, thank your for any efforts to get it resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2016 May 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just adding to the thread.

Around March 2016, Creative cloud desktop started "failing" and not keeping me updated (pc not mac). I did not actually notice but as time progressed my computer slowed down from <1min after log in to fully loaded and ready to run, to >4minutes. I thought it was intel Hd /ssd drivers. After weeks, I uninstalled Adobe creative cloud desktop and computer instantly back to >1min. Used adobe cleaner etc. Now reinstalling - hours and hours and still only 1/3 ready for creative cloud desktop install, and other slow issues already showing up. I am way above average computer literate, and honestly this looks like something adobe centric to me. Very unhappy too about this. For nearly 1.5 yrs creative cloud was no problem for my computer and ccdesktop did what it was suppossed to and did it quickly almost always. Sorry I have nothing to offer other than another voice of displeasure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines