• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will I be able to use use (soon to be) older version of Creative Cloud with older iMac?

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a lab of 2011 iMacs 27" that can only be upgraded to High Sierra. This year they can run CC2020 (but in paticularly I only really care about Photoshop and Illustrator ). Now, imagine CC2021 turns out to not support High Sierra. In that scenario, would the iMacs still be able to run CC2020 as long as I deem their performance adequate? Or, will Adobe CC not allow this and force the old iMacs to upgrade to a version even though it is incompatible with High Serria?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you install a working version and do NOT uninstall it, you can keep using older cc versions.

if you don't have an older version installed and you don't have the installer, adobe will only make the current version and one previous major version available for installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reassurance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to https://prodesigntools.com/ and "click around" to find their direct download links

IF you find a direct download link for the version compatible with your old Mac, download and copy to at least one external device such as a USB flash drive or hard drive

That way, when Adobe no longer offers your version for Cloud download, you will be able to install as needed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines