• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will old versions (Creative Suite 4) be deleted by default when installing Creative Cloud?

Participant ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded from Mac OS Sierra to Big Sur ... big jump ! And now I want to install Creative Cloud.

However I can't uninstall CS4 because, of course, the operating system is different and uninstall doesn't work.

Questions:

1)  Will old versions (CS4) be deleted by default when installing Creative Cloud?

2)  If not, then when I drag the CS4 apps to the trash, would there be any left over files from CS4 that might cause a problem with CC?

3)  If so,  is there a list somewhere of the auxiliary files that I could just delete with the application? At least the main ones?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

no, cs4 won't be deleted but it won't cause any problems for cc.  you can delete the files in your adobe cs4 folders but it's always prudent to rename them first (eg, prefix with $) and then, if there are no problem after a few weeks, delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, cs4 won't be deleted but it won't cause any problems for cc.  you can delete the files in your adobe cs4 folders but it's always prudent to rename them first (eg, prefix with $) and then, if there are no problem after a few weeks, delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ... good advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines