• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will there be a point where Adobe CC will stop being compatible with Mojave OS?

Contributor ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will there be a point where Adobe CC will stop being compatible with Mojave OS? And when might that happen?

I ask because my Mac Pro (mid 2010) desktop computer is limited to Mac OSX High Sierra. I can upgrade the system to Mojave if I buy a Metal supported video card, but this won't support the Catalina OS.

So if Adobe stops supporting Mojave any time soon, I will have upgraded my Mac Pro for nothing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

The Real answer is Most Certainly.

As soon as Apple changes OS X (Mac OS) enough, next version or the one after that, Adobe will need to change all there programs to work with the new version of OS X. When that happen the Adobe programs will no longer work in old versions of OS X.

This has been happening for years and Will NOT change anytime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum, not Adobe support, so other users here do not know Adobe's future plans

Current requirements are at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

I do know that on the Windows side Adobe has stopped supporting old operating systems, so I will GUESS the same is true on a Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Not sure I knew where to ask the question. I just thought that since we're all in the same boat in using Adobe products that someone out there might have heard info to answer my question, much like you knew something on the Windows side. Your link to the System Requirements page only reads "we recommend you keep the operating system of your computer or mobile device up to date."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to scroll down to see actual numbers...

• Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit only) and later
  • Mac OS X v10.12 and later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See, this is where I am having trouble and why I am posting on forums, it reads: "Mac OS X v10.12 and later"

But Adobe CC is telling me:
Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 11.56.43 AM.png

I can use Adobe programs. It's just a cannot update to the latest and greatest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because Photoshop 2021 requires macOS 10.14 (Mojave) or higher.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

In addition to the requirements for creative cloud, you must meet the system requirements for each product you intend to use.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would appear just about all programs in CC requires OSX 14.x. I have to upgrade my hardware to install Mojave to run the latest Adobe CC. I just don't want to spend the capital if Adobe decides not to support Mojave, and only supports Catalina+.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 8.16.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple place big obstacles in the way of developers who want to make Mac apps work over many versions. And they force change hard. Catalina threw out all old apps. Apple have announced they will do this again in a couple of years, as part of the migration to "Apple Silicon". You can expect the need to do rapid hardware changes if you want to keep up to date with Adobe apps. No, I have no inside knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalina came out last year.  This year it will be Big Sur and next year it will be something newer...  Apple expects their customers to have the latest equipment and software. If you can't keep up with that expectation, you should NOT bite from the Apple.  You'll get more bang for your buck with a good Windows PC.   I've been using Windows 10 for 5 years and I am able to run the latest Creative Cloud software.  Something to think about...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nancy. I guess I've got some life altering decisions to make this go around. I would love to work another few years, but I'm not interested buying new equip just to use Adobe's latest and greatest. I was on PCs/Windows for years (1985-1996) and just got tired of configuring dip switches on video/motherboards to make things work (I'm dating myself here). Might be time to hang up my design chops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Real answer is Most Certainly.

As soon as Apple changes OS X (Mac OS) enough, next version or the one after that, Adobe will need to change all there programs to work with the new version of OS X. When that happen the Adobe programs will no longer work in old versions of OS X.

This has been happening for years and Will NOT change anytime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course "Most Certainly." The same can be said about Death and Taxes. My question does Adobe have a schedule for the unsupporting of Mojave. This will help me to decide whether to invest in upgrading my hardware to accommodate Adobe CC by buying a new video/graphics card, or not. If Adobe has info about this, it would be to my advantage to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"does Adobe have a schedule for the unsupporting of Mojave."

No.  At least none that they are sharing with customers.  However, the Adobe website has this to say:

"we recommend you keep the operating system of your computer or mobile device up to date. For desktop apps, use no earlier than two versions back."

Today, that would be Catalina or Mojave.  After the big Apple event in November, that will be Big Sur or Catalina.  Connect the dots. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines