Windows 10: Creative Cloud App Breaks File Explorer (Since Update around April 2018)

New Here ,
May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... I can't believe I'm the only person with this issue: Since the April Win 10 update, I've been having extreme problems with Creative Cloud app on Windows 10.

I went so far as to do a "Fresh Start" install on my system. What I've discovered is that the Win 10 Creative Cloud app causes the Windows 10 File Explorer to display the "green bar of doom" whenever you try to do a file system operation. 

What's the solution to this?  (At present, it looks to me like Adobe needs to update Creative Cloud app. But I "could" be wrong...)

In case this doesn't make sense:

1. Starting with an entirely fresh install of the latest Windows 10 (with MAY update)...

2. Things work fine...

3. Until... One installs Adobe Creative Cloud...

4. And then, when one opens the File Explorer, everything is more or less broken...

5. One gets the "green bar of doom" forever and one can never see/interact with ones files.

It's been this way for me since April Win 10 update.

And, as I explained above, this is clearly because of the Creative Cloud app.  (If I fresh install Win 10 and then install all my apps, all is well with File Explorer. Issue manifests as soon as Creative Cloud is installed. Disabling Creative Cloud on startup solves the issue.  But, as a Creative Cloud user, of course I need Creative Cloud installed.)

Halp, Adobe???

Best,

Keith

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS, do not tell me to rebuild a broken icon cache or some junk like that.  There's nothing wrong with my file explorer. The problem is with Adobe Creative Cloud app... or its interaction with ... SOMETHING... But all I have installed is: (1) Windows 10 with latest updates (2) Steam (3) Microsoft Office (4) Nvidia Geforce experience (5) the other junk that Windows might install by default (6) Creative Cloud and several Creative Cloud apps including Acrobot DC, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects.

Truly maddening. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, I have never seen that issue. Have you verified your system meets or exceeds the specs for Adobe CC?
Have you updated all drivers?

Do you still see the issue when you reboot your computer?

Could you show us the green bar?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is useless advice.

It's broken Explorer previews in Win 10 Pro 2004.

Period.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact problem.  Have you figured anything out since your post?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm here two years after the OP just to report having a similar issue in 2020. After a broken instalation of Creative Cloud the program asks me to run another instalation to fix it every time I start my computer (tried it, didn't fix anything). After said message pops up, file exporer stops working altogether.

Will remove anyting that says Adobe from the computer and clean the registry to see if it fixes something.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem. Did you find a solution? Thanks!

Tomas

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines