• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows ARM laptop - which version of CC to use??

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of CC do I need to download for my Windows laptop with ARM processor?? It runs Windows 10 and for its  ARM processor it requires either native ARM apps or 32-bit app versions. The key is that I need to not break my current working Adobe 32-bit apps!

• I can use CC latest version 5.3.5.518 to specifically for ARM but I lose support for 32-bit so I cannot manage any of the other Adobe app versions.
  • I can use CC older version 4.9.0.504 to run 32-bit versions of Adobe apps but then I cannot install Lightroom (ARM) or Photoshop (ARM, beta).

Frustratingly, troubleshooting through the various CC versions trying to figure out how I can have ARM apps coexist with 32-bit apps I can't seem to get Adobe Acrobat DC to work properly at all; it gives some licensing check errors.

Very frustrating...

TOPICS
CC FAQ , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edited: after seeing @Test Screen Name's answer i googled your os and found, you cannot use 64 bit apps (eg, the latest adobe apps). 

from:  Windows 10 on Arm: What you need to know before you buy a Surface Pro X | ZDNet

You'll have a much bigger problem with apps that are only available in 64-bit versions. The only way to run Adobe's Creative Cloud apps, for example, is to sign in on Adobe's website and see which of the 2018 apps are available in 32-bit versions. Maybe that's one reason why Adobe was on stage with Microsoft announcing that its Fresco drawing/painting app, released last month for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil, would be available on the Surface Pro X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft don't support emulation of 64-bit intel on their ARM Windows 10 systems. Pretty much useless for CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know Windows on ARM does not support 64-bit emulation (yet, it is in the works). For the past year I succesfully used 32-bit version of CC app manager and Adobe apps. Then I realized these apps were not updated any longer so I wsas stuck with 2018-19 versions, which was not that big of a deal. The Adobe auto-update was smart enough to keep me within a 32-bit Adobe ecosystem.

Now Adobe is starting to release native ARM apps - Lightroom and Photoshop (beta) now available. These apps require installing the latest version of CC, which has ARM support - great. Here is the BIG ISSUE though: Manually updating to latest version of CC app manager replaces the older 32-bit version of CC so I it can no longer manage the 32-bit versions of the apps that I had installed. They *seem* to still be working but some have issues, like Acrobat DC (full version, not reader) does not work.

NEEDED SOLUTION: Latest version of Adobe CC app manager should be able to allow and manage the 32-bit app versions because users with ARM computers rely on those before equivalent native apps are available for ARM (or Windows 10 for ARM starts support for 64-bit emulation).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want to make a suggestion to adobe (these are user-to-user forums), https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

x64 emulation is coming later this year and is now available in the insider dev channel. I want to test compatibility, but CC will not allow installation of non-ARM native apps (anything other than lightroom and photoshop beta). It's like they really don't pay attention to anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Almost all the CC apps are now intel 64-bit only. I can't imagine what planet Microsoft were on when they released without emulation needed for the platform they themselves have been driving. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines