• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

windows\system32\QUARTZ.dll can't open in Windows. Can't use Premiere Elements.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for a way to get a solution to this error which keeps preventing me from opening my Premiere Elements 11 program.  I have previously used the program without any problems.  But last week I had a new HDD installed in my laptop (Dell Studio XPS 1640 running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit).  Now I can't open Premiere Elements and can't edit my videos. 

When I try to open the program, I get an error which reads:

Font Capture: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe - Bad Image

C:\Windows\system32\QUARTZ.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.  Try installing the program again using the original instalation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support

My computer technician did use an image of my laptop to transfer everything onto the new HDD.  I have no idea if that is relevant to this software problem.

I posted this question previously and was directed to a link which instructed me to update my DirectX and other graphics drivers.  I did all that already.  I still can't open Premiere Elements.  I want to ask Adobe Support, but since they just launched Premiere Elements 12, I guess I no longer get direct support from Adobe? Not sure but that is how it seems to work.  I will try any advice given to resolve this issue, if anyone has ideas.

Thanks!

Janeen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try reinstalling as indicated by the error message?  Transferring images is not a good way to install Adobe programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines