Highlighted

Work and Personal Adobe accounts and products (two accounts)

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Question:

I want to log into some Adobe products with a Personal Adobe account (example, login via personal account to Photoshop)

AND

login to some different Adobe products with a Business Adobe account (example, login via business account to Acrobat)

WITHOUT

logging out and logging back in every time I want to use one app or another.  I want to permanently associate a given application to a given ID, but for some apps (ie: Photoshop) to be associated with a personal ID and some apps (ie: Acrobat) to be associated to a business ID.

Basically my company pays for some of my software and I pay for some.

Current solution:

Don’t use the Adobe business apps whenever possible.   Constantly logging out and in when switching apps is a dysfunctional design point.  ”One ID to rule them all” is a terrible idea.  Adobe, fix your support of different ID’s / different licenses for different apps.

Is there a better way?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Work and Personal Adobe accounts and products (two accounts)

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Question:

I want to log into some Adobe products with a Personal Adobe account (example, login via personal account to Photoshop)

AND

login to some different Adobe products with a Business Adobe account (example, login via business account to Acrobat)

WITHOUT

logging out and logging back in every time I want to use one app or another.  I want to permanently associate a given application to a given ID, but for some apps (ie: Photoshop) to be associated with a personal ID and some apps (ie: Acrobat) to be associated to a business ID.

Basically my company pays for some of my software and I pay for some.

Current solution:

Don’t use the Adobe business apps whenever possible.   Constantly logging out and in when switching apps is a dysfunctional design point.  ”One ID to rule them all” is a terrible idea.  Adobe, fix your support of different ID’s / different licenses for different apps.

Is there a better way?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 08, 2019 0
Advocate ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I think their concept is that it's one computer, so one log-in. Maybe just ask your company to reimburse you for the software that you are using at home and then you just have one log in that you are paying for, and getting some of the money back for it. And really, if you are only paying for some of the software and they are paying for some, it ends up being less expensive to just get the full package and having everything under one user log in anyway. You just might come out ahead in the end.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, but there is no solution to your problem except using 2 different computers.

Please feel free to do a feature request:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat as you, only my issue is with Photoshop and LIghtroom. My work-around is to stay signed-in to my corporate account on my iMac, but sign-in to my personal Photoshop and Lightroom account on my iPad Pro and via a web browser It's clunky, but it cuts down on the account switching.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2020 0