• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Work and Personal Adobe accounts and products (two accounts)

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Question:

I want to log into some Adobe products with a Personal Adobe account (example, login via personal account to Photoshop)

AND

login to some different Adobe products with a Business Adobe account (example, login via business account to Acrobat)

WITHOUT

logging out and logging back in every time I want to use one app or another.  I want to permanently associate a given application to a given ID, but for some apps (ie: Photoshop) to be associated with a personal ID and some apps (ie: Acrobat) to be associated to a business ID.

Basically my company pays for some of my software and I pay for some.

Current solution:

Don’t use the Adobe business apps whenever possible.   Constantly logging out and in when switching apps is a dysfunctional design point.  ”One ID to rule them all” is a terrible idea.  Adobe, fix your support of different ID’s / different licenses for different apps.

Is there a better way?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Sorry about that, but there is no solution to your problem except using 2 different computers.

Please feel free to do a feature request:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I think their concept is that it's one computer, so one log-in. Maybe just ask your company to reimburse you for the software that you are using at home and then you just have one log in that you are paying for, and getting some of the money back for it. And really, if you are only paying for some of the software and they are paying for some, it ends up being less expensive to just get the full package and having everything under one user log in anyway. You just might come out ahead in the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, but there is no solution to your problem except using 2 different computers.

Please feel free to do a feature request:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat as you, only my issue is with Photoshop and LIghtroom. My work-around is to stay signed-in to my corporate account on my iMac, but sign-in to my personal Photoshop and Lightroom account on my iPad Pro and via a web browser It's clunky, but it cuts down on the account switching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue.  I bring my personal laptop to work because sometimes I need to take my work home.  Even though I use different windows users for personal appications (ie Photoshop and Lightroom) and company apps (Acrobat), I still have the log-out/log-in issue.  The suggestion to incorporate all and request reimbursement is neither feasible, nor desirable. The "overall savings" doesn't matter.  Did it not occur to Adobe that many, many people might need separate accounts for different situations?  Yes, this is a horrible design flaw.  I hope you fix it.  I see the OP was a year and 8 months ago... unless I'm missing the solution.  Looking for a solution is what landed me here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kind of in the same boat, but only ish. We gathered all adobe accounts for our group, and my paid account for 10+ years is now suddenly the business account. However all my files and folders are stuck back in my personal account. Is there any kind of quick-fix to transfer them over? Fearing that all my links/resources for producers will have to be remade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was already aware of this terrible limitation; i just google it now and then to see if adobe cared to address it. My problem is going between framemaker (my subscription) and photoshop (client/contracted). My workaround is gimp (or quicksilver; bigger companies sometimes have this).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats not a solution for using two Adobe IDs, that is only for accounts under the same email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's basically a solution for freelancers using an individual subscription and getting invited also to a Teams or Enterprise account. They can even be part, at the same time, of different Enterprise plans (like working for more than one company at a time).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also want this feature. Have Acrobat through work and Photoshop paid for personally, but have to sign in/out to use each. What a pain.

Adobe Profiles is not the answer, because I use a work email for my work licenses and a personal email for my personal licenses (duh..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also want this feature.

By @Micah Lindstrom

See here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams-discussions/work-and-personal-adobe-accounts-and-pro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP is spot on, it is a bleeding nightmare to work with two Adobe IDs. I use Acrobat DC Pro for work and I use PS and LR for personal hobbies. And it is a freaking nightmare to constantly switch between accounts. Especially when Adobe forces you to sign out and close the app. It is even worse when opening LR on the wrong account as I cannot get to sign out there. I need to open Acrobat first, sign out, then open LR and sign in. Even if they just offered an option to sign in with a different account would help a lot. And seeing so many complaints about this, Adobe just spits in the face of its paying customers by ignoring to fix this archaic login system. Its a shambles. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never had a problem, but I avoid using my professional tools on my private computer and my work computer for private tools. There are bells and whistles attached to an account, that make it impossible, being connected in two accounts at the same time on the same machine and under the same (OS) user id. 

You could try to set-up a virtual machine for running your Acrobat. You can be signed in at the same time on two different computers and a virtual machine is like a different computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Poncke 

please stop cross-posting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines