Highlighted

Working with no internet.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help I’m stuck. I have a current subscription to CC but my Comcast internet is down. Apps open but won’t allow me to use them without a connection. This is crazy. I’m on a deadline and don’t know what to do. Tech support has me on hold for over an hours and doesn’t respond. How do I get my work done?

(Moved back to the Get Started forum by Moderator)

Topics

Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Working with no internet.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help I’m stuck. I have a current subscription to CC but my Comcast internet is down. Apps open but won’t allow me to use them without a connection. This is crazy. I’m on a deadline and don’t know what to do. Tech support has me on hold for over an hours and doesn’t respond. How do I get my work done?

(Moved back to the Get Started forum by Moderator)

Topics

Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 14, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump to the top.

As long as you stay Signed In you should be able to use any and all Adobe CC software without an internet connection for around 90 days

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2019 2
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me twice while I was on deadline. My internet service blacked out while I was working. I always have Creative Cloud login on startup. Adobe won't let me launch Illustrator or Photoshop. 

What happened to that grace period or offline functionality that Adobe keeps promoting?

Any ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nelson, did the behavior you are describing happen on March 3, 2020?  I am showing that your computer sent three activation requests on that day.  Two of those requests were between 10 and 11 a.m. GMT.   

This is not normal behavior, and the reason a new activation request was sent is that the licensing files and certificates are being modified.  I would recommend reviewing any security or utility software that may be running on the computer. Anything that changes data contained on a computer is a suspect.  I would start by looking at what applications were running, or any tasks that were performed, on March 3, 2020.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first episode happend on March 3rd - but I chalked that up me installing more Adobe Cloud apps.

The most recent was today March 6th. I'm not running anything that changes system data, I have my Activity Monitor up so I can see what processes are happening, nothing unusal was happening. 

I was using Illustrator fine in the morning before my internet service dropped. When I went to reopen it and Photoshop I received the message that the apps required internet connection.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the additional details, Nelson.  I am showing that you have an annual Creative Cloud membership, so you should be given up to 99 days before you are required to be online.  The fact that this is not occurring does indicate that the licensing information, stored on the computer, is being modified.  You can find more information on the amount of time you can be offline at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/internet-connection-creative-cloud-apps.html.

Do you run any anti-virus utilities or security software on the computer?  If so, then please review the settings for the software.  If you do not, then please acquire at least anti-virus software.  Any computer running a desktop operating system, and is connected to the Internet, should at minimum have anti-virus software installed and kept up to date.  This includes computers running both Mac OS and Windows.

Finally, you can also review and implement the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/adobe-license-issues-keychain-credential-mgr.html#delapp... to verify that the required security certificates can be applied to the computer successfully.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply. I am running McAfee Total Protection, it's constantly updated as a requirement for my corporate VPN access. It automatically updates in the morning before I start work. 

I did notice in Keychains that the Adobe license was modified on March 3rd - again I'm assuming that was because of me install new cloud apps. Nothing else changed that corresponds to the issue I had today.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, as a next step, Nelson, I would recommend contacting the I.T. department that manages the network that you are connecting to via VPN.  If you are connecting to a corporate VPN, then it is very likely the managers of that network also have the ability to manage the computer that you are using.  You can reference this public discussion as it provides information about the required certificates that are used for CC 2019 and 2020 applications.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 0