• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Your application install seems to be damaged, Please reinstall the application.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Your application install seems to be damaged, Please reinstall the application. "

this is what i get when i try to run any installed application.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

You need to update the application manager. than everything works perfect.

cheers, willem

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2013 Aug 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what program exaxctly? On what system? You need to explain better. and simply do as it says - reinstall, but with sufficient user privileges/ file permissions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm having the same issue.

I am running Adobe Creative Cloud with InDesign CS6, Illustrator CS6, Photoshop CS6, Acrobat plus others, on a Macbook Pro 15" Retina Display with OS X 10.8.4.

I ran the updates, which all fail during installation (when I say fail - CC tells me that the update has failed).

So I read a few Adobe forum posts and decided to try re-installing InDesign CS6, which took a very long time. Upon completion, I tried to update it again, but it also failed. I tried opening the programme, however I then had an error message saying: "Your application install seems to be damaged, Please reinstall the application." (which obviously I had just done)

Our IT department recommended upgrading to Indesign CC, which I then did, but I still get the same message: "Your application install seems to be damaged, Please reinstall the application.". I then opened the new install and guess what! "Your application install seems to be damaged, Please reinstall the application.".

I then tried to run the updates again (for the fun of it), and would you believe it, they actually completed without failing! So then I tried running InDesign (both CS6 and CC) and they still (even after the updates) say "Your application install seems to be damaged, Please reinstall the application." on loading. However, intermittently the programme does not finish opening and closes itself.

I work as a graphic designer and having programmes like InDesign fail to actually open stops me from working and therefore is costing me money. When we pay so much every month for Adobe Creative Cloud, this downtime is a kick in the teeth from Adobe, ridiculously unprofessional and hugely damaging to their reputation. Maybe we'll go back to Quark!

Please help us all solve these issues and get the whole Adobe CC back on track!

tstockucg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to update the application manager. than everything works perfect.

cheers, willem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the Creative Cloud Application Manager (as opposed to the old Adobe Application Manager), which I've already updated. Should I run the update for that again?

Many thanks, tstockucg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked in my case. i had the CC Application Manager just for two days, and with the update it worked.

cheers, Willem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2014 May 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also updated the CC Application Manager and everything else a several times. The Apps are now working but I get the error message anyway.

I am a Adobe unser since decades and I am pretty disapointed unsing Adobe CC.

Cheers, Roman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Romanbaur have you tried removing and reinstalling the applications giving you this error?  Do you receive any error messages during the installation process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I had several problems installing Muse CC. Now Muse CC is running and all the other Apps too, but I receive the error message every time I open a Adobe App, no mather which one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Romanbaur I would recommend running your available uninstallers for your Adobe applications.  Once you have uninstalled your applications please also utilize the CC Cleaner Tool to insure complete removal.  You can find details on how to uninstall and utilize the CC Cleaner tool at Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedbacks.

I deleted the cache in the library and afterwards it worked. :-). Now there is no more error message when starting an Adobe app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Romanbaur - how did you delete the cache in the library? I'm having the same problem. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besten Dank für Ihre E-Mail.

Bis am 15. Juni bin ich nicht im Büro und habe nur beschränkt Zugriff auf meine E-Mails. Ihre E-Mail beantworte ich gerne am Montag, 16. Juni 2014.

Ich wünsche Ihnen eine schöne Zeit und bis bald.

Mit freundlichem Gruss

Roman Baur

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You have to go to user > Library > Caches

and

System > Library > Caches.

and erase alle files and folders in the Caches folders.

Attention: After that your System has to set up new Caches, this takes a while and your system is slow. Once the caches are rebuild the system is working normal again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I erased all the caches and still having problem.  running on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My soluttion, that works for me:
If error: "Your application install seems to be damaged, Please reinstall the application."
If not running for any reason
- install D:\Programe\PtNecazuri\__Windows 7 Ultimate (64 Bit) + crack\update windows 7 sp1\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows 7.exe

Instructions:
1) Run Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows 7.exe file wait untill files has been extraced then PC restart.
2) After restart, open Adobe. Now it should work.

DONE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clean your temp folder:
go to C:\Users\[PCname]\AppData\Local\Temp\ folder and delete ALL files from it and skip for possible used files.
Open PS and all should work now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- goto C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ folder
It should be only 1 folder in it named [Acrobat] - (if you have acrobat reader installed)
I find a dubious folder named [AdobeGCClient]
It contained 2 dubious executable files in it:
AGM = adobe Genuine Manager and AGS = adobe genuine source
They can not be deleted because they run as services in the background.
So... I stopped these specific services, and inside that folder, i could delete the 2 executable files.
Now PS is working.
Always restart PC to confirm your PS is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rahat Molla 

what exactly is the problem you're having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing a similar issue that hasn't been resolved, so I'm seeking assistance.
After installing Adobe Creative Cloud, I proceeded to install desktop applications. However, when trying to launch the desktop application, the following error message is displayed, and the desktop application does not start:

"Your application install seems to be damaged. Please reinstall the application."
The operating system is Windows 10 22H2.

I have already carried out the actions mentioned in this thread.
Additionally, I have tried the following, but there has been no improvement:

I have also attempted uninstalling and reinstalling the problematic applications and Creative Cloud several times, but the problem remains unresolved.
Please provide a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@haik 

this is a very old thread with out-dated info.

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, repair per https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails and you have windows, open your control panel > add/remove programs > cc desktop app > repair

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall using*

if that fails, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines