Highlighted

Zeitweise mehr als 2 Geräteaktivierungen?

Participant ,
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wie wäre es, wenn jetzt, wo viele zuhause arbeiten, Abobe mal wenigstens 3 statt 2 Geräteaktivierungen zuliesse?

Danke!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Zeitweise mehr als 2 Geräteaktivierungen?

Participant ,
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wie wäre es, wenn jetzt, wo viele zuhause arbeiten, Abobe mal wenigstens 3 statt 2 Geräteaktivierungen zuliesse?

Danke!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why?

Even if they did that would not change the fact that only ONE device is supposed to be used at any ONE TIME and all devices are only to be used by the same user that purchased the subscription.

If you want multiple users to use the same Adobe programs on multiple devices at the same time then you need a Team or Enterprise account.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020 2
Participant ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that more licences are required for more users. My point is more devices, not more users.

I regularly use three devices, at least now while I'm mostly working from home, sometimes in the office. So I have to keep switching devices on and off which is a nuisance. 

Probably not unusual nowadays, that people have a PC in the office, one at home, plus a laptop.

Adobe wouldn't lose a penny letting us keep three devices active.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020 0
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install the Adobe programs you have a subscription for on many computers, 3 - 10.

But you can only have 2 activated at any one time. You have to Deactivate one to activate another.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020 0
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And let me add that Deactivation is NOT Uninstalling. You can Deactivate any computer on the Main Adobe website under your account.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020 1
Participant ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad you understand how things currently work and what the problem is. If you have any contacts at Adobe, or if someone from Adobe reads this, I hope they will consider providing a solution. If only temporary while the crisis lasts.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020 0
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are asking for a solution to a problem that does not exist.

You can have all your Adobe programs installed on many computers at the same time.

You are only restricted to activating 2 of them at the same time. Deactivate one, Activate another one. Your problem solved.

And this supposed Crisis doesn't count for computer programs. It is a Health Crisis, or so they say.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020 0
Participant ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. So let me explain again, so we get on the same page:

1. I can install on any number of devices - ok, no problem

2. I can activate on only two devices at a time - NOT ok, problem

I have gone through the deactivation/activation process for years and it is a PAIN!

Now I have to jump through that hoop even more often, because I need to switch devices more often. Meaning greater pain - and for what purpose? 

That I have the possibility to switch activation does not solve the problem,

because the problem is that I have to do it at all.

This is a health crisis, right, and the health crisis makes this old problem worse. And I just hope that Adobe cares and helps by providing just a small relieve, just for a short while. Costing them nothing. Show that you actually care about your customers and don't deny their problems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020 0
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote:

2. I can activate on only two devices at a time - NOT ok, problem

End Quote:

Why?

How many computers can you operate at the same time?

Last time I checked I can only type on and work the mouse on one computer at a time. Even IF I have 2 different computers sitting on my desk. I can only work on one at any One Time.

You say Devices. I am talking about COMPUTERS. If you mean Mobile Devices, phones pads whatever, then you can have IIRC 5 of those activated at a time. So that is 7 devices.

And honestly what does the health crisis have to do with Adobe only allowing a Single User Subscription activating only 2 computer at any one time.

That makes no sense at all unless you plan on having Multiple Users use the different computers you have activated.

IMHO this is what you are really asking about and want to achieve.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020 0
Participant ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't understand how you cannot understand the issue. 

Of course I only use one device at a time, and only PCs. And I am only one person. Why would I plan on having multiple users?

In even more detail now:

Step 1: I work at home. I use a desktop PC. Later I work in another room, where I use my laptop. That makes two PCs. These two PCs are activated. 

Step 2: The next day, I must work at the office. There is another PC, number three. This third PC is not activated. I cannot use my Adobe software. First, I must deactivate one of the other PCs. Then I can activate the third PC and work with it.

In the afternoon I go back home - back to Step 1

But: One of my PCs it not activated anymore, so I must again deactivate the office PC, and reactivate the deactivated PC.

This step is annoying and should not be necessary. This is the problem. 

It would not be a problem if it happened once per month.

But currently, and this is where the crisis comes in, I must move more often. 

So one or two times a day I must switch activations. Why?

Many other companies are now trying to make their clients lives easier. Because of the crisis. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020 0
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple Take your laptop to work with you and use that for the Adobe program.

Or as below.

Also to deactivate a system you do that over the internet on  the main Adobe website after you log in using your Adobe ID. So it can be done from anywhere and from any computer. You don't need to do it from the computer you are deactivating.

And what makes this health crisis any different from the time without the crisis. You still worked from home and from your office. 

This has nothing to do with living easier. And please state which companies are doing this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020 0
Participant ,
Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple Take your laptop to work with you and use that for the Adobe program.

OK. Now I'm sure you're not taking this seriously at all and you are not even trying to understand. Sorry to have bothered you with my minion issues. Thanks for your time anyway.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2020 0