• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A script in file UNKNOWN has been running for a long time ...

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After around 5 hours of working ok, my instance of DW 2021 on Win 11 suddenly failed today.

First sign was slow opening of application then equally slow opening of my php files.

Now DW just makes it to the 'hello again, have a great day panel' (which really needs to be removed - jeez!)

the file history list appears, the app goes into a not responding state then after around 2 minutes a DW dialogue pops up "a script in the file UNKNOWN, has been running for a long time. Do you want to continue. Y/N?" absolutely no idea what it is referring to and no other alerts appear.

If  i select Yes i can open a php file, however as soon as i attempt to interact DW enters a not responding state again and im back to killing the task.

Deleting the wincachefile had no impact.

Basically i cant use DW and need guidance on steps to resolve this state.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Restore Preferences.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

Ensure that your local site folders are defined and reside on your primary hard drive, not cloud or networked drives.

Also, to work with server-side scripts like PHP files, you need a local testing server (Wamp or Xampp) installed on your machine and it must be launched.  Ideally, your local sites should reside in the testing server's default web folder.

C:\wamp\www\your_site

C:\xampp\htdocs\your_site

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines