• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activating Old Versions of Dreamweaver [CS3 is dead]

Explorer ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More and more software companies are finding ways to keep old versions from being installed.  Most of us out there who are not corporate entites with deep pockets paid dearly for the software packages we now cannot load.  The easiest way to do this is to tell the activation server not to activagte older than xx version.  This means that hundreds, if not thousands of dollars are simply ... gone.

The only defense against this is a backup system.  Everytime you load a new software package, you clone the drive, the whole drive, so when (not if) the drive crashes, you just reload.

There's gotta be another way.  Dreamweaver 3.0 was a GREAT package.  It did all I ever wanted.  Then, my hard drive crashed.  Dreamweaver 3.0 would not reload.  Lightroom 6 would not reload.  A non-Adobe CAD program I paid a LOT for would not reload. Fortunately, Elements 15 reloaded.

When Adobe Acrobat crashed, years ago, I went with Foxit.  When Internet Explorer kept crashing, I went with Chrome.  I'm considering FAR less expensive CAD (Mach4).  I'm looking seriously at freeware HTML editors.  If the goal of shutting down old versions is to crowbar the user into buying new stuff, in my case, it ain't working. The user just drifts away from your stuff as being too dangerous to spend money on, and climb the learning curve.

PLEASE.  Relent from this policy.

TOPICS
Download install and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Dreamweaver 3.0 was a GREAT package."

I'm sure it was last century on the Win95/98 computers for which it was built.  But not anymore.

Creative Suite 3 (DW 9.0)  which came out in 2007 was also a fine product in its day.  But that is officially dead and gone as are CS1 and CS2 before it.  So do yourself a favor.  Stop dreaming of a dead software revival that's never going to happen.  Get a modern, open source code editor like Brackets or Visual Studio Code.  They're both FREE.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines